Formal Night Question

tm3750

my wife and I have been on 7 cruises and everytime we bring our "formal clothes" just once i want to travel with one suitecase and no formal wear. Do you think it would be inappropiate to wear nice business casual clothes to a formal night dinner?:eek:

so I figure you will not get your feeling hurt. They will not kick you off the ship if you do not wear formal wear. I am sure in the numerous cruises you have been on that you have seen people dressed in various fashions so do what you want to do.:D

my wife and I have been on 7 cruises and everytime we bring our "formal clothes" just once i want to travel with one suitecase and no formal wear. Do you think it would be inappropiate to wear nice business casual clothes to a formal night dinner?:eek:

YES.

If you have already decided you do not wish to dress formally, select a line that does not ask you to do so or have dinner in the casual dining option.

I am going on a cruise to St. Thomas in Sept. it is a 7 day cruise do you have two formal nights on a cruise of the lenght or is it still only one night?:confused:

Depends one the line-Disney and NCL it is one formal night-Carnival, RCCL, Princess, Celebrity and HAL have 2.

I don't know enough about other lines to tell you about them.

You could use formal night to eat in the alternative restaurants such as the premium restaurants or eat in the buffet or eat in your room. Hubby doesn't like to wear formal attire. I wear cocktail/fromal attire and he wears a sport jacket and nice slacks and we eat in the premium restuarants on formal nights.

It's my understanding that the suggested dress code for the evening applies to the specialty restaurants in addition to the main dining rooms, with casual dress acceptable only in the buffet and room service.

Archived