St. MARTIN TOUR

bobjudy1

My husband and I have signed up with Godfrey's tours to do St. Thomas shopping and beach time. We are looking for a similar tour on St. martins--Does anyone have a recommendation for St. Martin's and a link to get us there so we can sign up--Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

You can't go wrong with Bernard at:

bernard1332002@yahoo.com

He is just starting his business and his tour lasted over 3 1/2 hours of both sides of the island for $25. He dropped off those who wanted to spend time at the beach and went to pick them back up. He will take you back to the ship after the tour or drop you off in town.

He has an air conditioned van. Well worth the money and stops at alot of places for photo ops.

Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, he has two cell phones one for when he is on Dutch side: 599-557-0788 and one on the French side: 0690559323

I think he will go wherever you want him to. His card say 24 hours to any destination; satisfaction guaranteed.

We just got off of the Valor and we booked Bernard thur Sunny Liston tours. It was 4 of us. Myself, my husband and 2-18 year olds.Bernard was waiting for us on the pier, holding a sign with my name on it. You don't pre-pay, you just have to make your reservation and he will show up. We had Bernard all to ourselves, he drove us around in a very nice air-conditioned minivan. $30 00 per person. We drove the scenic route to Orient Beach. Bernard is of course very knowledgable about the island and its history. I will use Bernard over and over again since I'm now HOOKED on the Island of St Maarten/St.Martin and hope to visit it on a regular bases. When I think about our time spent in St. Maarten,/St. Martin I just smile. It was truly paradise.

Monica Richard

• 1 month later...

We toured St. Martin/St. Maarten with Bernard of SMX Tours 2 weeks ago and I would highly recommend him. What a great day we had. There were 6 of us in our group, 2 children (8 year old boy and girl), myself, my mother and 2 sisters. I had contacted Bernard less than a week before our June 30th departure on Explorer of the Seas. He returned my e-mail right away and called me at my home since we were so close to sailing. He even called me on my cell phone on the morning of the 30th. He told us to meet him at the information booth about 50 yards from the ship at 9:00 am on the 4th. We got there at 8:40 and he was there holding a sign with my name on it. We all got into an 8 passenger van and were all give a map of the island. He took us around St. Martin telling us about the salt ponds and a little history of the island. We stopped at a scenic overlook while Bernard told us about some of the surrounding islands. Unfortunately, it was too hazy for us to see them. We went to the airport where we watched a jet take off about 100 yards from where we were standing. We then travelled into the French side, St. Maarten and stopped at a private little beach called Baie Rouge. After that we had an hour to shop in Marigot. We could have had longer if we wanted, but we were anxious to get to the beach. Bernard picked us up and dropped us off at Orient Beach. We were a little concerned about the nudity because of the 8 year olds, but it wasn't a problem. We saw a few topless women strolling along the water line, but my 8 year old son didn't even notice. We spent 3 hours at the beach and Bernard picked us up right on time. From there, we went to Phillipsburg and spent an hour shopping. Then Bernard picked us up and took us right back to the ship. He charged $30 per person and we gave him a $20 tip. It was the perfect tour. Bernard customized it for us. We could have spent more time shopping or more time at the beach. I know that I will be calling him the next time I'm in St. Martin.

Archived