Camera Question

chowderbsk

Greetings,

I just read on Celebrity's website that they offer a download service in their photo department on board, so that one can free up megabyte space on the camera's memory card. Something about how you can make a CD as well. I am curious what the charge are for these services. I am wondering if I should just buy another 512mb or 1gig memory card, or save that $50-$75 and use the on board service.

Many thanks for any replies!

Best,

Brian:)

I've done it on the past 2 cruises and love it. Download your cards into a file under your name on their computers and at the end of your cruise you can burn them to a CD for $15. I love being able to get home, pop the cd in and view everything. Well worth it for me.

Marilyn

Wow- you can download all your pictures and get a CD for only $15.00? That's a bargain & cheap insurance. You never know when a digital card will decide to die and take all your photos with it.

Can't remember what it is...but there IS a limit to the amount of space they give you to upload and store pictures for free. We take a lot of pictures - 25-75 per day on average -- and had to open free accounts in both of our names to store them all.

Greetings,

I just read on Celebrity's website that they offer a download service in their photo department on board, so that one can free up megabyte space on the camera's memory card. Something about how you can make a CD as well. I am curious what the charge are for these services. I am wondering if I should just buy another 512mb or 1gig memory card, or save that $50-$75 and use the on board service.

Many thanks for any replies!

Best,

Brian:)

FYI......if you want to buy another memory card, look on eBay because you can find them for almost half the price....just a thought :)

Can't remember what it is...but there IS a limit to the amount of space they give you to upload and store pictures for free. We take a lot of pictures - 25-75 per day on average -- and had to open free accounts in both of our names to store them all.

Hmm- I wonder if that's changed, or is different depending on the ship or utilization?? I was on Century April 2 and downloaded more than 100 pics at a time with no problem. Now granted, I only downloaded 3 times during a 7 day cruise, so maybe my daily limit was combined, but none of the Staff Members mentioned anything to me about a limit.

For me, only bad part was having to reburn a cd when I got home to include the last evening/arrival in port to capture my entire trip.:D

I would argue that it's better to have more memory cards; Costco and BJ's are also good sources in terms of value and of course, you can re-use them as often as you like.

There is also this, or similar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MicroSolutions-RoadStor-401010_W0QQitemZ8802667557QQcategoryZ31383QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

When we travel I take at least 6 512MB cards with me.

Hope that's of some use.

It wasn't a per day limit -- it was a total space limit. We have a higher quality digital camera and DH always has the settings turned up, so the pictures are big. We had to open my account about 2/3 of the way through the cruise because he had used up all his space.

Archived