Credit Card Hold?

nickervin

I really wish they would just make a mandatory $10 pp/pd charge, that cannot be taken off. That would be most fair.

Salty,

My PVP said the tips had to be paid upfront ( and me being a newbie did not know better) and they could not be removed if paid in advance. PVP made my tips part of the total bill for the cruise. So I guess in My PVP you got your wish!:cool:

Salty,

My PVP said the tips had to be paid upfront ( and me being a newbie did not know better) and they could not be removed if paid in advance. PVP made my tips part of the total bill for the cruise. So I guess in My PVP you got your wish!:cool:

That is only true if you are booking a very short cruise... otherwise, that is just an option, not mandatory.

That is only true if you are booking a very short cruise... otherwise, that is just an option, not mandatory.

I would not call a 7 day Alaskan cruise short...would you? but yet the PVP said they WERE included. And I could not remove them...not that I want to do that anyways. Like I said... I did not know better. But this way that 140$ wont be on my S&S card unless I drink that much!

I would not call a 7 day Alaskan cruise short...would you?

Nope... not at all. Like I said, the only time tips are prepaid mandatory, is for a very short cruise (CTN)... now, we had a group cruise priced where tips were prepaid.. but otherwise, it is not mandatory (unless it is a special group, etc.)... otherwise, you got fed a line of bull. If they said it was included, that is different... I believe you can still have them removed before you leave. Then just have them as most people do, added to the S&S.

I agree, it's better to have them out of the way!!

Nope... not at all. Like I said, the only time tips are prepaid mandatory, is for a very short cruise (CTN)... now, we had a group cruise priced where tips were prepaid.. but otherwise, it is not mandatory (unless it is a special group, etc.)... otherwise, you got fed a line of bull. If they said it was included, that is different... I believe you can still have them removed before you leave. Then just have them as most people do, added to the S&S.

I agree, it's better to have them out of the way!!

Yep I was fed a line of bull...but I know the workers work hard and I would never take their tips! So I am glad it is out of the way.

TO the OP,

I thought about using a debit card, BUT I am afraid of them not releasing the hold.

Yep I was fed a line of bull...but I know the workers work hard and I would never take their tips! So I am glad it is out of the way.

TO the OP,

I thought about using a debit card, BUT I am afraid of them not releasing the hold.

They will release the hold... but depending on your bank, it may take a while. You can call your bank when you return and let them know you are back... that can speed up the process. Mine has been released prior to me getting home, so it's never been a problem!!

Archived