Cruise Connection Bus to Miami Pier

curleyjane

Has anyone recently rode the Cruise Connection bus to the Miami pier? My Mom lives in Melbourne Beach, Florida and last November we rode the bus to the Miami pier and didn't get there till 2:15! We were so disapointed that we missed lunch in the dining room. I was just wondering if the bus is getting people to the Miami port any earlier. Thanks!

If your sole disappointment was missing the meal in the dining room---don't worry....most ships on embarkation day have the lunch in the buffet area with the dining room closed until dinner!

I agree although I have done quite few cruises on different lines,(40 on 8 lines,) the dining room has never been available for lunch on embarkation day.

no matter which ship.

As for cruise connection bus , I have used it from Pt Charlotte to Fl Lauderdale very often, it is scheduled to arrive at a time convenient to the ship. Each sailing has a different boarding time, and the ship does not want too many people in line if that can be avoided.

Some time ago, my wife and I rode Cruise Connection from Sarasota to Miami. We were delayed in being picked up for the return, but that was just the beginning. We were well into the Everglades when the driver announced that he would be returning to the Miami port. He said he had been accused of hitting another vehicle and the police would arrest him if he did not return. He turned the bus around and we returned. Upon arrival there were no police, no investigation and NO apology from the company.

http://www.cruise-connection.com/

We use the bus for all of our cruises out of Miami or Ft Lauderdale. It is very convenient. You relax in an air conditioned bus and watch a movie and they drop you and your luggage right at the ship.

It usually gets you there in time for the buffet lunch, check their schedule for your pick up time in Melbourne. The bus riders are usually the last one off the ship so it is easier to locate your luggage. The reason for this is that all of the people who have to catch planes are already off the ship, and the bus which will pick you up is also dropping off passengers to get on the ship.

Question:

Are there any costs to these pick ups?Found my own answer to this one----sorry !

Do you have to have a local address to take advantage of the bus?

Thanks!! Deb C.

Question:

Are there any costs to these pick ups?Found my own answer to this one----sorry !

Do you have to have a local address to take advantage of the bus?

Thanks!! Deb C.

Check the website for pick up places and times. Yes, there is definitely a charge...this is a business. Looks like it is $69. round trip.

No, you don't need to live in Florida. We've taken the bus before from the west coast of Florida when we were down visiting my parents and needed to get to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise. You can also book just one way.

Thanks Cusyl!

Do you know if I need a local Florida address? I'm thinking it might be cheaper to fly into MLB, etc. and take this shuttle down to MIA/FLL!!

You can go to their website and make reservations online. If you note the pick up times are usually early in the morning and at a restaurant. If you flew into a town you would have to take a cab to the pick up spot, so don't know how economical it would be for you.

Thanks Cusyl!

Do you know if I need a local Florida address? I'm thinking it might be cheaper to fly into MLB, etc. and take this shuttle down to MIA/FLL!!

You could also rent a car when you fly into MLB and turn it in at FLL/MIA. There are no extra charges in Florida for turning a car in at a different place from where it was rented. From the airport, it's a short cab ride or possibly shuttle to the ship. If there are two people travelling, it would probably be about the same cost as the shuttle, maybe even cheaper, but may be more convenient for some people, less convenient for others.

Hey thanks for all of the ideas. I was just checking on options.

I have flown into MLB and then driven to Port Miami (not one of my favorite trips).

Travelling solo, I like the easiest and safest way!

Thanks again everyone! :D Deb

Archived