Tampa transfer or taxi?

alliec10

Hi. I posted this question on a different messageboard several days ago but haven't received a response. I hope it is ok if I post it here. I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong section.

Is it better to take the Carnvial transfer from the airport to the port or take a taxi?

I have read somewhere that the Carnival transfer is around $18pp and a taxi is a flat fee of $20. Can anyone verify this? What has been your experience? We are flying in Sunday, the day the ship leaves Tampa. We are arriving at the airport around 11.

Any suggestions, personal preferences, tips, etc... are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Its better to take a taxi- you get in the cab and take off- the transfer from the cruiselines you have to wait til the bus fills up then arrive enmasse at the pier with all those other people.

Take a cab

Hey

I just took a taxi on Sat. from the pier to the airport and the week before vice versa. It is indeed a $20 flat rate fee. If you are more than 1 person travelling it is faster, easier and cheaper to just hop a cab.

Doodlefan

Does anyone know the name of the taxi company that services Tampa airport? I realize there might be several...just having one name as a start will help.

Last time, the taxi company had a car seat for us to use, this time we need 2. I am not having much luck with the limo companies and want to re-investigate the taxi route.

thanks!

Archived