Carnival Menus

serene56

You should try at least one soup on the menu- they are surprising for the first time since it is not what I expected..(born and raised on Campbells- grew up and now I eat progesso)

First cruise we ordered a soup and we passed it around for my whole family to taste it.

another thing-- the dining room on a sea day at lunch has the best Bar b que ribs I ever tasted on a cruise ship.

my favorite was dessert- chocalate decadence. THe reason why I cruised so many times now--lol but they no longer make it - But last cruise on the buffet as soon as we boarded there was a dessert called Raspberry coffee mousse. (sounded horrible but I took one and oh mi gawd-- I wont miss the chocalate decadence no longer.)

The pumpkin soup is excellent. Also, I'll second the comment on the ribs. The meat just fell off the bones and the sauce was great.

Hey! Just back from the Fantasy May 13-18. All of the food was excellent! The dessert menu which Palm Treez posted looks right but I think they shuffle them for the shorter cruises, because we have the Day 7 menu on Day 3. I am now indebted to you for posting these menus. I have been trying to find the name of that dessert, the Grand Marnier Souffle so I can look it up on the internet. Now I have it and I shall keep it and find the recipe and make it forever!! HAHahHAHAHahahahHAHAHA...

Sorry ... I think I'm still a little delirious from all the food choices. :) The portions are sort of small, but you can get as much as you want. You just have to make sure you let them know that you want more or something. The Lobster tail was kind of tough and rubbery to me, but it was still good. As I said in my earlier post, I'm not a shellfish kind of guy, so that might be how Lobster tastes. I don't know. It was good though. :)

The prime rib was awesome! I had seconds of that. I passed on a lot of stuff which just didn't sound appetizing to me, but they had this Chilled Creme of Lychees ... OMG! That was delicious. Kind of sweet, almost like sweet cream, as a matter of fact. My sister had the strawberry bisque and said that she liked it. I don't like mint, so I didn't try it. I also don't like escargot, so I passed on the tenderloin the last night. Sorry these are out of order, but I'm kind of going as I remember them. :)

The filet minon is always excellent but it just seemed to lose it's edge on the last two nights for me. I don't know if it was because I had it every night of the cruise (since you can get it at dinner every night) or if it was something else. They served it with a half tomato with heaps of garlic powder on it one night. We all kind of laughed about it because the garlic powder was quite green and unappetizing. :)

In all, the food was excellent. We did not miss a sitting in the dining room. The dining room wasn't open for lunch on port days, so we didn't get to sit in for lunch on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. We had breakfast in there just about every day. The breakfast menu does remain the same for the entire cruise. If you get oatmeal, even though the menu says that all cereals come with milk, you have to ask for milk separately. I'm not sure why that it, but it was my experience.

Alrighty then. Enjoy the rest of this thread. :-D I third for the pumpkin soup! That was just about the best tasting soup I have ever had! And it was so full of flavor ... I was kind of tempted to get more of it but I stopped myself because I had lots of other food coming.

Undrhil

Undr-- you said day 7 was served on day 3-- was that a sat or sunday?

I be curious on how they shuffle.

I know the capts dinner is always served on Formal night so on a shorter cruise that menu will be done twice.

Thank you so much! It is great fun to read the menus I think! I am the worlds pickiest eater and on our first cruise by the second day, Sammy, our head waiter, knew that I was picky and would reccommend the beef or chicken for me and knew that I didn't like the sauces and stuff. It was so much fun! Thanks again! :)

I'm so glad I read this thread today! I had a busy weekend (actually 4 days) at work and I ate way too much. There was a ton of delicious free food around that everyone else was enjoying, and I just couldn't resist. I got back on track and have been doing well today, but the munchies are creeping in, and I almost blew it again today!

But reading these menus reminds me of all the fantastic food I can have in just 3 weeks! And I'll enjoy the food on the cruise a lot more if I can stick to my diet until then!

Thanks so much for posting these! :)

I'm fresh off of the 4 day Inspiration and our actual menus didn't look much like the ones posted here. There were some of the same items listed, but usually not on the same day as posted and again, only some of them. My advice is don't get your heart set on any one particular item or you may be disappointed.

As an aside, on the first night I was intrigued by the lavender iced soufle. The waiter made a face and tried to steer me elsewhere, but I really wanted to know what lavender tasted like. Now I know. It tastes EXACTLY like lavender bathroom air freshener! Don't make that mistake.

On a recent cruise, we attended two of the Dinners in the Triumph's Paris Dining room.

There were many courses..but ..as mentioned ...smaller portions.

I ordered items that were new to me.

None of them caused me to seek out the menu item at a later lime.

The thing is that while dining with 8 other couples I can't recall one person saying they enjoyed an item..and wanted more.

I found the dishes interesting...but not satisfying.

Indy John

• 2 weeks later...
Looking at these menus is great! I see there is usually one Veg. option - just curious if there is a separate Veg. menu also??

Thanks for posting!Sally

Sally- thats the menu for the dining room. They offer one option each night. THere may be more on the buffet but I never head there for dinner so couldnt tell you. I do know there is NOT a seperate menu for vegetarians

The dining room lunch menu:

STARTERS

SEASONAL FRUIT PLATTER

Served with Low Fat Cottage Cheese or Sherbet of the Day

JAMAICAN RED BEAN SOUP

Cooked with Vegetables and Smoked Pork

Seasoned the Old Fashioned Way

CHILLED CURRIED APPLE SOUP

MEDLEY OF GARDEN AND FIELD GREENS

Choice of Dressing

MAIN COURSES

CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD

Crunchy Romaine Lettuce Tossed with Our Caesar Dressing

and Topped with Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast

OVEN-FRESH FOCACCIA

Filled with Arugula, Roasted Peppers

and Marinated Fresh Mozzarella Cheese

FISH 'N' CHIPS

Tender Batter-Fried Fish Fillets Served with Tartar Sauce,

Malt Vinegar, Cole Slaw and French Fried Potatoes

BARBECUED BABY BACK RIBS

Served with Baked Beans and Oklahoma Fried Potatoes

CREATE YOUR OWN BURGER

Freshly Grilled Lean Beef Burger on Toasted Sesame Bun with

Crisp Shoestring Potatoes. Topped with your choice of American,

Cheddar Chhese, Bacon, Guacamole, Sauteed Onions,

Sauteed Mushrooms, Chile con Carne

DESSERTS

LEMON MOUSSE

GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE

CINNAMON BREAD PUDDING CHANTILLY

ICE COUPE "BELLE HELENE"

Vanilla Ice Cream with Poached Pear,

Chocolate Sauce, and Whipped Cream

ICE CREAM AND SHERBETS

Vanilla Chocolate, Strawberry, Orange, Pineapple

NAUTICA SELECTION

These Items are Lower in Calories, Sodium, Cholesterol and Fat.

Salads are Prepared with Diet Dressing.

Desserts are Prepared with Sweet 'n' Low or NutraSweet Instead of Sugar

SEASONAL FRUIT PLATTER

51 Calories, 0 grams of Fat

MEDLEY OF GARDEN AND FIELD GREENS

44 Calories, 3 grams of Fat

OVEN-FRESH FOCACCIA

474 Calories, 13 grams of Fat

LEMON MOUSSE

248 Calories, 11 grams of Fat

• 2 weeks later...

OMG I'm in heaven! I can't believe that they actually have something at each course that lists calorie content and fat grams!

Oh woohoo - I can eat decadently and still be able to fit into my pants on the trip home! I've spent way too long taking off this weight and was worried about what was going to happen to me! Didn't plan on counting on willpower.

Now I can relax and go with it.

Thank you for posting all these menus. I truly appreciate it.

Kim

if the dining room is only open for lunch on non port days then if you have 4 ports it's only open 2 sdays? guess the buffet is very crowded most of the time

only one dining room is opened.. and its open seating.

The buffet is crowded during peak lunch time..

What we noticed onthe last cruise is that people come into the buffet and get in the first line they see.. there are other ones. with the middle line being nearly non exixtant.

then there is the grill/ the deli/ the pizzeria etc/

Note taht most places are closed at 2:30 and being in port- coming back your only option will be the grill which will have a huge line come 3pm. and the pizza place also with a very large line.. or room service.

I thought that I would add this also.

Good for very picky eaters.

I also recommend for something fun and different some evening, the Banana Splits make great desserts for adults! Mmm Mmm.;)

Carnival Menu for Kids

Fresh Fruit Cocktail

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich

Hamburger

Cheeseburger

Chicken Nuggets

Hot Dog

Cheese Pizza

Pepperoni Pizza

French Fries

Chocolate Brownies

Banana Split

Assorted Cookies

Ice Creams

Jello with Custard

I thought that I would complete the "circle" between this Dining Room Menu thread

and the

Room Service, Bar Service, Breakfast Room Service Thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=359674

There's a link on that one to here, so now a link on here to there.

That way people can find their way to all the menus no matter what thread they start on...

Happy eating!;)

CJW

• 3 weeks later...

After reading the dessert menu - did they do away with the cheese plate as an option? I don't love sweets, and that was usually a perfect end to my meal. Also, does the lunch menu now stay the same for the whole cruise? Thanks for posting!

After reading the dessert menu - did they do away with the cheese plate as an option? I don't love sweets, and that was usually a perfect end to my meal. Also, does the lunch menu now stay the same for the whole cruise? Thanks for posting!

cheese is available everynight. and the lunch menu changes every day just like dinner. Breakfast is the same but how much different can a breakfast menu be

Man oh MAN! I'm drooling here. :rolleyes: I've got a question for ya'll though. How do you order something you don't know how to pronounce? Just point to it and say 'I'll have this' or try to pronounce it and not care if you mangle it?

We had an ongoing joke with our waitress. We asked one night what she would rec'd, and she said the #2 because that's how they write it up to order it. So the rest of the week we just said we want the #______. LOL. Sure beats trying to pronounce some of that stuff!

Archived