Carnival Menus

serene56

Serene, someone posted a link to some older menus from the Spirit:Then someone asked: So it was the menus from the Spirit I was talking about.... not yours. I KNOW what you posted is the latest and greatest :D!John

but those menus from the spirt are exactly like mine-- how old are they

I haven't looked through them item by item, but I know on day six those menus show Pepper-Seared Supreme of Young Long Island Duckling (it was also on our menu last June) which is missing from the new menus that you posted.

I'm not sure how old they are, but I've had them bookmarked for about a year. I did notice that they are all typed out except for day 6 & 7 which are scanned copies. Those seem to be where the minor changes are between the menus you posted. Maybe they updated ones that have been typed :confused:.

John

Okay, so for the 8-night cruise, the first night's menu is what is listed here as night 7, then the second night on an 8-night cruise has night 1's menu, and it follows from there, right? So does anyone know what the menu for night 8 is? I'm trying to figure out when to go to Golden Fleece.

Count on it!! I can get a good steak at home anytime, will definetly venture out. Did you try the 'Essence of Japan'? That one intrigues me somewhat.

ala-kat,

I had the Essence of Japan on Valor last year. It was very good.

I just got this e-mail from Amy: I just updated my website last night with the new menus that Serene posted on CC! All of the typed out menus are the new ones! Mystery solved :D.

John

I was reading the menu's to dh last night.

Now, he's really confused.... how do you say "steak and spuds???"

I will have to teach him to just point and say, "Uh,huh, looks good, I think I'll have that...."

I think I better google some of the names so we know what they are!

I can't wait to try the soups! When I travel with my daughters we always try to find little boutique type of places with unusual soups!

I think I am getting more confused.... :( I have read the menus on page 1 of this thread and the menus posted @ bergertravels.com and I didn't see any differences. If I am reading Eliot Ness' post correctly... the menus on page 1 of this thread are unequivocably(sp) the menus for all Carnival ships for the 2006 season?

Alas, I think I finally 'get it'. Serene's are current... I did notice the diff's for Day 6 now. I did not look at day 7 yet...

Thanks all for posting!

I think I am getting more confused.... :( I have read the menus on page 1 of this thread and the menus posted @ bergertravels.com and I didn't see any differences. If I am reading Eliot Ness' post correctly... the menus on page 1 of this thread are unequivocably(sp) the menus for all Carnival ships for the 2006 season?

Alas, I think I finally 'get it'. Serene's are current... I did notice the diff's for Day 6 now. I did not look at day 7 yet...

Thanks all for posting!

The web page you were looking at had the old menus UNTIL Amy updated MOST of them (the first 5 days) when she saw Serene's new menu's. She now has them all updated with the info that Serene posted. So while it was true that the menus posted @ bergertravels.com were the old ones, they have now been updated to match what Serene was kind enough to post for us.

It was confusing for a while, but now the menu's posted both in this thread and posted @ bergertravels.com are the same.

John

I think the new menus look fabulous, but does anyone know what the "available everyday" items are? You know, like steak, grilled chicken, grilled salmon, ceasar salad, baked potato, shrimp cocktail, maybe some kind of pasta, etc??? I'm traveling with 3 kids this time and the kid's menu may not be attractive to them.

Speaking of kid's menu, did they get revamped as well or is it the same old, same old?

Just one thing if you order the quail-my SO ordered it to try it because he had never had it before and couldn't eat it because it looked like a small parakeet carcass.LOL.Good thing he ordered a steak too.

Laura

Just one thing if you order the quail-my SO ordered it to try it because he had never had it before and couldn't eat it because it looked like a small parakeet carcass.LOL.

:D :D

i thought this very funny because my oldest son ordered that our first cruise. He thought it was the boniest pc of meat he has ever eaten and was surprised that it didnt taste like chicken-- he thought everything was supposed to taste like chicken.

Anyone have the wonderful dessert menu?

the poster above who posted the menu from the Spirt looks about right.

I have the ones from last year to compare it with and it looks to be new.

:D :D

i thought this very funny because my oldest son ordered that our first cruise. He thought it was the boniest pc of meat he has ever eaten and was surprised that it didnt taste like chicken-- he thought everything was supposed to taste like chicken.

I don't care if it does look like a parakeet (I think they might be about the same size). What did it taste like? I'll still try it.

We are sailing the Holiday on the 18th. Any idea if the new menu will be in place there and which menus will be used. Hoping someone that has been on a four day can let me know.

Lord ha'mercy! I think I gained 2 kilos just cut'n'pasting this... Roll on September and the Spirit.

BTW, if anyone could post up the lunch menus that would be beautiful. Planning is rolling ahead at a rate of knots, now.

Cheers, all!

Mal

They took out most of my fav appetizers and replaced them with icky seafood. Lovely.

And no more vegetable princess :(

Can we at least get the mushroom ragout back?

some of the stuff has only been renames. as if you are looking for a certain name check it to see if its there only under a different description.

Serene, :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to post

these.

We have been looking for the new menus

far a while now, and we are so greatful

you took the time to do this for us!

We are on the Miracle in Oct. and can't wait.

You can see the Awesome Mariner pics

from our last cruise Oct. 05 at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/eddeb2005

Thanks Again!

Ed, Deb, Sean and Amy Moore

"The Moore Gang"

Tampa :)

Just one thing if you order the quail-my SO ordered it to try it because he had never had it before and couldn't eat it because it looked like a small parakeet carcass.LOL.Good thing he ordered a steak too.

Laura

Ohhh... I don't know if I would be able to get past that... I had a Quaker Parakeet for more than 10 years... maybe I will still order it, but also order something else just in case! Yikes! :eek:

Thank you so very much for these menus. We are cooking dinner and our plain old spaghetti and meatballs looks so boring when we look at these menus. We are going on the Liberty on May 19th, our first Carnival cruise in 20 cruises and we are eager to try these delicious dinners. Thank you again for whetting our appetites.

We ate off the new menus in Feb on the Pride. The new chef was on board with us and he was walking around asking everyone what they thought of the new menus. He was quite a character! We loved everything we tried!

Just got back from the Glory. Some of the things we tried that were fabulous were....pumpkin soup (sounds wierd but delish), french onion soup, wilted spinach salad, tilapia. Everything else we tried was pretty good too.

Archived