?Cruising = trapped on a boat full of str8 ppl?

W2Me

Go look at the embarkation photos and see who is coming onboard with whom. Works every time. Also the pictures from formal night. I've been on 11 cruises and met gay people on every one.

Hi all, while I have not sailed on Celebrity (yet), there are usually FOD parties on every cruise. Like others have said, you usually will have to wait until you board and inquire about one. Unfortunately for us on our past two cruises, they were held at inconvenient times and we were not able to attend. We did see a lot more on Princess than Carnival. I wonder why? LOL! Also check out the photos the first day and see the ones with two guys (or gals) -- that might give you a hint. I hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise! I'm jealous...

My partner and I have been on two cruises "surrounded by str8t ppl" and it hasn't made a difference to us - the first cruise wasn't terrible (our first and we didn't know any better) and the second was great. Both times, we also went with at least two friends, so we weren't completely alone!

No self-identified NASCAR fans though we had suspicions!

I know that I'm probably being really thick - but what is 'NASCAR' ?

Jane

x

The best definition of the acronym I've ever heard came from a bartender at a restuarant in Key West..... Although he had to whisper it to us because of the lady sitting two stools away with the beaded and glittered Rusty Wallace t-shirt.

NASCAR: Non-Athletic Sport, Centered Around Rednecks

Feel free to use it. LOL :D

David

Nothing wrong with straight people per se!

Why, as I've posted elsewhere, I've collected a whole set from previous cruises with whom we continue to travel! :D

But don't you hate it when they're not well trained, and they flaunt their sexuality by holding hands in public, kissing eachother when saying hello and goodbye, and going on about their kids and grandkids? Sometimes I want to scream "I get it, you're straight, and I accept that, but does it have to be the center of every action, conversation, or thought you have?" :p :p

Sorry, I know that's an old joke. But seriously, I've had much the same experience as BruceMcDou. We've only had one minor incident, on a shore excursion on Crystal Cruises about 15 years ago- just a rude commment, and the wife kicked the husband for it.:rolleyes: Other than that- smooth sailing....

Andrew

My partner and I have traveled on Crystal often. We will be on our 10th cruise this November. We have encountered only one rude couple and I personally addressed them when the husband made a comment in ear shot about the fagots his wife wanted to slap him.

Over the years Crystal has marketed itself to Gay clientèle. In fact one Gay TA is marketing Crystal heavily. We are seeing more and more brothers and sisters cruising Crystal. Yes, Crystal is expensive compared to other lines but some of us want a higher level of service and cruise experience.

Oh, yeah, Suite Travels, Crystal is wonderfull. I didn't mean to imply that we had a bad time on Crystal- that was the only incident of the four or five cruises on Crystal, and the only one in 22 cruises at all! And, in general, we find that Crystal went above and beyond for us, as they do for all their pax. There's a gay TA out here in CA who's been heavily marketing Crystal for years, too...

We've ended up on Celebrity because it's the preferred line of these str8 couples we keep on attracting!;) (in reality, it's because we can cruise more often. If ya' got the $, Crystal's great! Color me just a weensy bit jealous...:D )

Andrew

There were no FOD meetings on the 2 days that I was aboard Mercury - perhaps they held them after I left the ship (of course no need while in SF)

...which leads me to my first ever anti-gay incident aboard ship: pal Don was in line aboard the ship here in SF waiting to go through US Immigration. Old man next to him makes a nasty anti-gay comment. Don turns to him (Don is 6'+/200#+) and tells the old man that he'd best watch out who he's talking about 'cause you never know who's standing next to you...

Blazerboy, I was just comparing your incident to ours which was similar in nature. No doubt that you and your partner enjoyed your cruise. We have taken a few Celebrity cruises and have enjoyed them as well.

Perhaps our paths will cross one day. Enjoy your future cruises!!!!

There were no FOD meetings on the 2 days that I was aboard Mercury - perhaps they held them after I left the ship (of course no need while in SF)

Nah, there were FOD meetings for the first four nights of the 8th-19th sailing. It's just that no one really showed.

Guest YesitDonna

I am the very worst kind of cruiser you will run into.... Bi. LOL Ok who said how do you find the other gay people on the ship? Is something wrong with your gaydar? I suggest you have it tuned up prior to any and all sailings! LOL I don't think I have been on a cruise yet that I haven't met any gay, lesbian or bi. My cruise last month I met a lesbian group from VT. They were all quite obviously gay and everyone at the bar was having a good time. At some point I mentioned that I have often met a woman on the cruise that I meet up with and remain in contact with. One asked me if I was outting myself to them... I asked... why? was I in? lol We had great fun the whole cruise.

Archived