Dawn, quad questions????

monicajay

Does anyone know if there are any "traditional" quads (2 upper + 2 lowers) on the Dawn? I keep reading about this pullout that is between the two lowers with one upper. People have described it as "wall to wall beds". Does anybody have any experience with this? Please post a photo if you have one with the beds made up.

I guess we got spoiled on the Sun with the Sup ll cabin that gave us 191 sq ft with a double sofa bed and 2 twins.

I am planning for my family, two adults, two teens, and can't really afford 2 cabins or the jump to a mini-suite ($2000 more). Will we be happy on the Dawn? We liked NCL and would like to try cruising from New York.

Thanks,

M.

with teens, personally i think it will be very tight in one room with all four of you. is a mini suite really $2000 more? i guess it depends on how you look at the cruise. we spend some time in our room but to some people, it is literally just a place to sleep. i have never stayed in one of those "wall to wall bed" cabins but i have seen them, and the description is actually pretty accurate, although of course they do put the extra beds "away" during the day so it's not always wall to wall.

Yes, the quote I got for a mini-suite was 19something or other (close enough to $2000) more for our family than an inside. The outsides seem to still have the "wall to wall" bed thing so there is no real advantage and there are no quad balconies.

Hoping to hear from somebody who had been in a quad. We have done inside quads on Carnival with 2 uppers and 2 lowers and that is o.k. for us. My husband goes to the gym then the spa and showers there to get ready for dinner. Works fine for us and better than staying home :D

M.

I have been in a non-suite quad. It is NOT a traditional two beds plus two pull downs. Its two beds a pull down and a trundle bed that comes up between the other two beds. Thank God it was only for one night. I described it previously as being the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on(guess who got the trundle bed). I have slept on more comfortable floors and camp beds.

oh...are you talking the difference between an oceanview and mini suite? i had thought balcony room and mini suite, and didnt think there was that much price difference, but balcony rooms only take 3 people. i forgot about that. the quad rooms i saw were exactly like smeyer said, they did NOT look comfortable. the people in the one i looked at had two small children, maybe 3 and 5 or something like that, and for them it was ok because the little one slept on the trundle bed. but it was still crowded...but they said they didnt mind. i cant imagine it with teenagers though. you'd be sleeping soooo close to the person on the trundle.

Archived