Looking for Grocery Store in San Juan

Does anyone know of a grocery or convenience store close to the Pan American pier in San Juan, I believe that is the dock that the Serenade of the Seas leaves from? The Serenade of the Seas does not carry flavored water and I would like to purchase some for the cruise (I don’t drink coffee, tea, lemonade or unflavored water). I drink Diet Pepsi if there is nothing else – don’t like Coke products). We will be landing in Puerto Rico around noon on the day of the cruise (arriving a day early is not an option – family obligations) and would like to find something nearby if possible. The brand name of the flavored water is Fruit20 by Kraft Foods. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Walgreen's is right on Plaza De Armas...I can't recall the cross street, but it is about two small blocks from the port, easily walkable. Look for the nice, whitish-grey building with green wrought iron ballustrades.

That's where I usually buy sodas to bring back aboard when I stop in San Juan on a cruise.

The Walgreen's is right on Plaza De Armas...I can't recall the cross street, but it is about two small blocks from the port, easily walkable. Look for the nice, whitish-grey building with green wrought iron ballustrades.

That's where I usually buy sodas to bring back aboard when I stop in San Juan on a cruise.

That is where we go also, to get last minute items that I might have forgotton, plus bottled water to take on board. Since the ship does not sail until 10pm there is plenty of time to shop or do whatever.

I think the OP wants a store near the Pan Am pier, not the Old San Juan docks. There are no stores within walking distance. Here is a map: http://www.langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp

The Walgeen's mentioned is in Old San Juan and not near the Pan Am pier. There should be any number of stores in the Condado area.

PS - still not sure if the Serenade leaves from the Pan Am Pier - the AOS does for sure!

(If in Old San Juan area) Walgreen's prices are reasonable. I saw crew members in there buying laundry detergent. It must be the best place around. Do you really think all the crew has to buy their own laundry detergent? :eek: It must be for personal clothes only. Hopefully they don't have to supply detergent to clean their own uniforms.

Archived