Canada/New England Sept/Oct Weather

agabbymama

We are on the Constellation 9/24 to New England/Canada. Was wondering if anyone can tell me what the weather and seas were like in the Fall, for New York, Boston, Halifax, Bar Harbor, Sydney, Quebec and Portland.

Also, if anyone has stayed in Cabin 6143, do you feel the vibration that others on this board talk about for Aft cabins? From the pix I've seen, the balcony looks absolutely wonderful. I am a little concerned about the storage of our huge suitcases. There are two of us and we each have the largest bag the airlines will allow, so don't think they will fit under the bed. Is one closet taken up with the safe?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

As an Eastern Canadian, I recommend dressing in layers. Late September and early October weather can vary quite a bit (even from day to day). Some days you may start out wearing a parka and slacks and by mid afternoon shorts and tshirt are comfortable then you're back to parka and slacks in the evening. I can't comment on the seas but it can get quite windy if that helps.

As far as cabin 6143, we just sailed on the Infinity CC class which is basically the same cabin layout. The safe is about 12 inches square and takes up 1 shelf in the closet. We have fairly large suitcases (not the biggest) that just barely fit under the bed. If you don't use the sofa much you can use that area as an alternative.

Hope this helps. Happy sailing

We've done Canada/New England twice (with slightly different itineraries). 1st time with Crystal, 2nd with HAL. Very pretty part of the world, particularly if you hit the colors right.

Previous posted said "layering". Absolutely!!

We did a Princess cruise to New England/Canada in October 2002. The weather that year was cool mornings (light jacket or sweatshirt) that I had to take off around lunch time as it warmed up. We had one rainy day in Newport. The rest of the time, it was beautifully sunny. Of course that was just luck.

We have cruised this itinerary two times. In 1998 we had gorgeous weather for the 10 days. Last year we were on Constellation on the 12 day October 5 sailing. We had fog the first sailing day, beautiful day in Boston, poured rain in Bar Harbor, Halifax and Portland and two beautiful sunny days in Quebec. Our last sailing day heading back to New Jersey was extremely windy and rough. Weather is always unpredictable. It was still a great cruise and we would do it again.

Hi we did this cruise on connie in 2004. It was a slightly different itinerary. Halifax & Sydney were overcast & cool, but driving out into the countryside & the leaves were turning . Wonderful sight.

Quebec was lovely - bright warm & sunny. Saguenay fjord was beautiful. Quiet & serene. the cliffs reflected inthe water. sun shining. Water like glass & small whales swimming along side. A magical day. this & Quebec were the highlights for us.

I think the other posters have it right. - layers. DH still managed to get a tan. Ship was beautiful, crew excellent. great trip. Enjoy:)

jo

I'm very happy for this post as we are sailing on 10/5. Thank you all for the packing info. As for storing the large suitcases - we raise the foot of the bed and our large suitcases slide right in and they're fine until we're ready to go home.

Archived