Roll call. Queen Mary 2 - 11th May Norway

Navaleye

My partner Richard and I will be on board- we got a guarantee basis so no idea what cabin we will be in- but such a good deal and the idea of seeing the Fjords is just great! Fingers crossed for good weather!

My wife and I are on this one too - in 9039. We'd booked the original 12 day Med cruise which was due to be at sea on our 25th wedding anniversary so we were disappointed when the itinerary had to change. However, we're happy with the deal and will celebrate our special day in the New Forest instead, before joining QM2 on the 11th. We love Norway and would happily travel there any number of times. Hope to see you on board!

Excellent! good to have some seasoned cruisers on board! BTW. I booked my train journey from Waterloo to Soptn today and instead of paying £26, I got it for £7.

http://www.megatrain.com/timetables/

Its a SWT gimmic, but good value.

The cheap trains they run suit this cruise perfectly :-)

Cheers

Nick

Looks like you got a good deal there, Nick! When I first went on QE2 in 1970 it was in the days when they ran the special 'boat train' from Waterloo right to the ship-side. I felt really special headed by a locomotive with a big 'Queen Elizabeth 2' sign on the front, a bit like the old Golden Arrow, but I'm really showing my age now!

Hubby and myself will be in 6136.I think.This is a 25th wedding anniversary gift to ourselves!I have been notified that we will start with Bergen and not Aalesund.Will we still be able to do the Queen of fjords trip(7 1/2 hours) as the ship arrives Bergen only at 12.00?

We have been on a Carnaval cruise as well as a Greek Island cruise,(first time in cruisecritic)but this board has made me feel very worried about cruising!!All the complaints and dress-codes!!And now I worry about the roughness of the sea!!

We have asked for a table for 2 for late dining-If we meet some people and would like them to join us,will this be possible?It would be nice to meet up with you guys!On our 2 previous cruises we were allocated a big table,but our fellow diners hardly ever showed up untill the last night,so in the end we felt so lonesome that we abandoned the diningroom and went to the more informal eating areas!

Looking forward to Wednesday-dept.South Africa-for London with some trepidation!

According to our tickets we arrive in Bergen at 7:00am (different to the posted times on the web site). I am not sure which is the correct time but the Queen of the fjords trip is still on offer in the excursions booklet. This would infer that we will arrive at 7:00am but we are dealing with Cunard :)

We have been advised by our agent in South Africa that there are Official Ships Position Changes(!!) 11 May -Southampton dept.17.00,12 May-at sea,13 May Bergen arrival 12.00 dept 20.00,14 May Flaam-arr 07.00-dept 18.30,15 May-Aalesund;arr-08.00-dept 17.00,16 May-at sea and 17 May Southampton.

Any good ideas on getting from London Heathrow to Southampton?We arrive at 6.20 and I suppose need a good hour to get out of customs etc.What shall we do the rest of the day-perhaps in Southampton before boarding @ 15.00,I think??

Emoyeni,

I am guessing that that name means something- just basing this on the Johnny Clegg song Osayeni-

Don't worry about all of this fol-de-rol

Things will be fine!

And of course Furanzu Maru- What does that man (Besides a Japenese shipping line

Y'all will have a fine time!

Kaire, who had her own fine time

Karie,

Furanzu Maru was the old Ile de France in her last incarnation and also the SS Claridon in the Last Voyage movie. With the SS Norway/France, her successor, heading for Alang (breakers) maybe they should consider a remake as they doing with the Poseidon Adventure. Better for her to go out in a final blaze of glory than being cut up for scrap!?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived