Long shot... Any help??

I did several Rhapsody cruises a couple of years ago and had a great time having dinner on several occassions with the Chief Engineer (Par). Last year I went on the Princess Line (BIG MISTAKE) and decided to go back to RCI this year. I have heard the Par is no longer on Rhapsody. I don't know his last name but have his picture. I know it is a long shot but any ideas on which ship he is on??? Thanks for any help... happy cruising...

Par.JPG.60a0a1e9ad71e05dfceaebcd237bb774.JPG

Only trying to draw some more attention to your plea Cruiserfan. I really hope someone can help-have you thought about e-mailing RCI personnel?

Good luck.

Alan

Cruiserfan,

Do you have a higher resolution (bigger) version of that photo you posted above? It seems as if that name tag would be readable in a larger photo - if blown up and sharpened a bit. If the name tag has the last name and not just the first, it will be much easier to track him down.

Also, if you can spread more details for any amateur sleuths out there, you'll have a better chance of finding him. For example, can you verify the month and year you were on that cruise, or even the exact date? Can you recall the captain's name on the vessel at the time? The first name is likely Norwegian...can you confirm if the man you are looking for was indeed Norwegian?

If you have a larger version of that photo - maybe the original photo at whatever full resolution you have, or if it is from a print, maybe you can scan it at a higher resolution - I can blow it up and sharpen it with Photoshop software...and possibly find out if the last name is on there...or try looking closely yourself and see if you can detect the name.

The more info you can give, the better your chances are - no guarantees anyone can track him down...but 'Per', Chief Engineer, Rhapsody of the Seas isn't quite enough info unless someone happens to be on the site who knows him personally.

Sounds like your man is on the Freedom of the Seas! An article on a Norwegian site dated 4/26/06:

Maskinsjef Per-Arne Leikanger fra Ålesund sørget for at skipet oppnådde maks hastighet i tide, og klarte å manøvrere skipet under broen - godt hjulpet av lavvann."

Which loosely translates to "Chief Engineer Per-Arne Leikanger of Alesund helped ensure the maximum pace as the Freedom crossed under the bridge at low tide".

There you go!

No this is not for romantic reasons. He is just a great guy and it is always nice to know some of the "staff". He treated us exceptionally well, bought us wine at dinner and then took us out to Champagne bar after. We just really enjoyed his company. Then the next year we saw him again and he remembered us, had dinner with him again and again treated us exceptionally well. Just made the cruise all that much more fun!!

Thanks to all who helped find him...

Archived