Dressing for dinner on Xpedition

Babo02

A Celebrity rep told our travel agent that the men wore jeans to dinner and my husband is thrilled. I think he should dress better than that but would love to have some input as to what is generally worn for dinner. I'm taking some capris and tops for myself and don't want to dress up a lot, but I think jeans may be a bit too casual.

Bonnie

The Xpedtion is a very casual and laid back cruise compared to the normal Celebrity ship. We wore basic khakis but we did see denims and even shorts! The only time we actually dressed up (dress shirts with our khakis) was the night we ate dinner with the captian, but even that was very casual. If you can get him in Khakis great, if not denim will not be unusual or out of place.

You'll see everything at dinner. I took capris and my husband took dockers and a shirt. There were people in shorts or sun dresses. He might be hot in jeans but certainly not out of place.

We just returned home yesterday. What an OUTSTANDING trip.

Dress at dinner was very causual. Mostly resort wear and jeans with some shorts. 3 nights we had dinner outside under the stars! Don't worry about what to wear. Just enjoy the adventure.

Celebrity does a great job and provides an unbeliveable experience.

A Celebrity rep told our travel agent that the men wore jeans to dinner and my husband is thrilled. I think he should dress better than that but would love to have some input as to what is generally worn for dinner. I'm taking some capris and tops for myself and don't want to dress up a lot, but I think jeans may be a bit too casual.

Bonnie

The fashion police are absent.Casual but neat always works there.Outside on the cooler evenings,long pants for men are suggested. Capris might be a bit chilly outside,but fine for the dinners inside,but I guess it depends on whether you're at the "hot flashes" age,which many obviously were.

As everyone else has said... nobody cares what you wear (or don't wear) to dinner. The fashion police are not allowed on the Xpedition. The only time I saw any type of "dress code" mentioned was for the last night in Quito at the Opera House. They asked that men not wear shorts. However, I did a guy wearing shorts to the Opera House. No one stopped him or said anything. However, I thought it was a little cool to be wearing shorts that night!!! Wear what you want to wear... and don't fret it.

Note: I didn't bring jeans with me on the trip... not because I felt they would be out of place, but because the jeans I own are much heavier than the lightweight summer pants I have (and took). I opted to keep the weight down.

Dave

:) :) :)

Thanks for your input everyone. I passed on the information to my husband who said that he hadn't planned to take jeans anyway, but is very happy to know that he doesn't have to dress up.

Bonnie

Archived