Honest Opinion on Holiday Inn, Miami

logbook

I have read very, very different opinions about the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami. I read that the location, across from the Bayside is great - but that the rooms are horrible, dirty, filty. Has anyone been there recently and can tell me if the rooms are CLEAN? We want to book for next year. Thank you.

The ONLY reason I would stay there again is if I had Priority Club Points to redeem for free nights.

The location is the only thing it has going for it. The staff was rude and the rooms were mediocre (sp?)

I have read very, very different opinions about the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami. I read that the location, across from the Bayside is great - but that the rooms are horrible, dirty, filty. Has anyone been there recently and can tell me if the rooms are CLEAN? We want to book for next year. Thank you.

We stayed there for one night last May and have no complaints. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. Bayside is right across the street and was an absolute blast!! In the morning there are plenty of taxis right outside the hotel's front door waiting to drive you to your ship.

Sandy

I stayed there in January for my precruise night before boarding the Valor and though it was nice. I had no issues with cleaniness or noise. It is in a great location. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Chris

This Is A Question For The People That Have Stayed There In The Past.....at Bayside..is There Any Place To Buy Liquior? I Am Staying The Night Before The Cruise And Would Love Not To Have To Carry It In My Luggage On The Flight To Miami

I stayed there in December too and didn't have any problems. Would book there again pre-cruise. Being across from Bayside was great!!!!

Not sure there was anywhere to buy liquor at Bayside, but I know there were some convenience stores not to far.

This Is A Question For The People That Have Stayed There In The Past.....at Bayside..is There Any Place To Buy Liquior? I Am Staying The Night Before The Cruise And Would Love Not To Have To Carry It In My Luggage On The Flight To Miami

check out baysidemarketplace.com. I didn't see any convienence stores or liquor store listed. Restaurants and bars.

We stayed here 3 years in a row and it was just fine. If I sailed out of Miami again, I would stay there. Is it high class, no. But short of staying on the beach, it's a great location and the price is right.

Leave the hotel go right.. 2 blocks up at the Riande hotel.. turn right then next street turn left.. and there is a liqour store on the right hand side yagnos

I just moved from Miami last year and was in that area and Bayside often. I would stay at this hotel and wouldn't go to any other in this immediate area. If you don't want to stay here I would go out farther or try the Ft. Lauderdale area or beach area but you are farther out. If you want close to the cruise ship area this is the place to stay. Bayside is a great place to spend time the night before a cruise, a lot of shopping and restaurants and nice place to sit and listen to music and relax. They also have a carousel for them to ride, my kids loved it!!!

We stayed at this hotel is September. We had two rooms, we were there with our adult daughters. The rooms were clean and the front desk staff were helpful. It was fine for one night before a cruise. We went to Bayside which reminded me of a flea market. We had dinner at Bubba Gumps which was fun and right across the street from the Holiday Inn. You could walk to the pier area and watch the cruise ships. Our family enjoyed a one night stay at the Holiday Inn--Port of Miami. It is not a fancy place but otherwise fine.

We stayed there last year. Would stay again, had no problems with staff, and room was clean - and can't beat the location. Unfortunately, its too close to Bayside Market, shopped there the night we arrived and again the morning before we boarded our ship. Almost no money left for the cruise! :D

Ask for a room high enough and you can see the ships in port in the morning! It also may reduce some of the noise that comes from Bayside at night. Although I think the outdoor bands stop around 11 p.m.

We stayed here 4/8 and had a 10th floor room overlooking the port and Bayside. The room was HUGE and very clean, however, another couple that stayed here the same night said their room was tiny - dont know what the difference was since we both paid for the same standard room.

The only drawback to this hotels is the elevators! Only 2 tiny elevators and on checkout days boy was it a madhouse with people trying to shove all their luggage in. Lucky for us we were on the 10th floor, but stopping at each floor and seeing everyones faces, it was obvious they had been waiting a long time for a clear elevator.

Ask the concierge where the liquor store is - it is a 5 min walk from the hotel, called Yagnos Liquors - walgreens doesnt have any liquor at all.

I would stay here again if the price was right.

Thank you all sooooooooooo much for all your replies. I feel much more confident booking the Holiday Inn for our pre-cruise night. I have read so much about Bayside and wanted to be able to go there after we check in. I think I will go ahead and book it. Thanks again. Much appreciated!:)

We stayed there last month for two nights and we would stay there again. It was not luxurious but it was fine, somehow we got a suite which was nice. There was also free internet in the business room, you needed a key to get in and there is a nice exercise room as well as a restaurant. Of course there are many restaurants right across the street at Bayside, it was such a great location. We even walked across the street and got tickets for the Miami Heat vs. Detroit Pistons game.

I have stayed there 3 times, most recently 2 nights pre-cruise a couple of months ago. I am particular about hotels, and do not feel it is just a place to sleep, - I like a nice hotel room! but this hotel is fine. Not more than you would expect but fine. The room was more than decent, and clean, and I thought all the staff were very friendly. I asked for a view of the port and I loved opening the curtains in the morning and seeing what ships were in.

I agree about that the elevators, and check can be a bit crazy - but this last time, in March we checked out at 10:30 and it was no problem, and there was a taxi right outside the door.

I really think you can stay here without a worry, I would stay again for sure.

as many others have said, you can't beat the location, unless you want to be on the beach

Archived