Specialty Drink Recommendations :)

My husband and I are sailing on the Grandeur this August and are

looking for recommendations for specialty drinks. When we stayed in a

resort in Jamaica we went on their boards and got the best suggestions for

drinks that were served at that resort (we highly recommend the Hummingbird

at Couples Resorts!). I've read that the Coco Loco is recommended...any

other suggestions? Maybe even suggestions of your fave drinks....so I can

move past the amaretto sours and stoli's raspberry and sprites...

Thanks in advance! :)

Dirty banana is good and they can make it into a choc banana. I am not a drinker- but enjoy tasting those frozen varieties on cruise ships. I have a list that I want to try in hand =. I try to get a different one each show.

I like the Miami Vices....a combination of a strawberry daquiri and a pina colada. Now we make them at home and serve them in our souvenir glasses when I'm really suffering from PCD! ;)

What's in a chocolate banana/dirty banana and a love connection? I like the idea of having a list in hand. There were several drinks that I wanted to try before our last cruise but when the waiter would ask me what I wanted, my mind would go blank and I would just say Miami Vice! :)

Julie

If you like sweet drinks you may also enjoy

Blue Hawaiian (vodka, blue curico & pinapple juice)

Creamsicle (I don't remember the ingrediants but it tastes just like the ice cream treat)

Mudslide (baileys kahula & cream)

Cosmopolitan (almost all alcohol -- very strong)

Alcoholic / Long Island iced tea (hint: do not order an iced tea from a bartender if you want the beveage made from tea)

Slow Comfortable Screw against a Wall (Yes it's a bit embarassing to order but it's yummy: sloe gin (very sweet), southern comfort, vodka, OJ & Galliano)

Kir Royale (champagne & cream de casis (raspberry liquor, not Chambord)

Velvet Fog (chambord & milk there may be something else in it)

Melon Ball (vodka, melon liquor & OJ)

Jolly Rancher (don't remember the ingredients but it tastes like candy)

Nutty Irishman (baileys & frangelico -- tastes like chocolate covered nuts)

Malibu Bay Breeze (malibu rum, pinaple juice & cranberry juice -- this is light)

Cheers!

What's in a chocolate banana/dirty banana and a love connection?

Julie,

Not sure about the banana drink... but a Love Connection is a Pina Colada, Strawberry Daquiri & a Mango Daquiri - layered. If you get it in the souvenier glasses, then they are dolloped in sections like a pie, instead of layered. One bar tender mixed them together, which wasn't as fun. Very yummy - that was the one that I ordered the most of - especially at the pool. My pool guy knew just to bring it on! LOL

Smiles - Tina

okay, now I'm going to have to start an "official" list of drinks that I want to try! and I'm adding a love connection to the list! add a Malibu Bay Breeze and a melon ball to that list also. Good thing this is a 7 night cruise! :D

Blue Hawaiians are good (but not too pretty coming back up!).

Another drink that is a little embarrassing to order but is yummy is a Bend Me Over on the Rocks....not exactly sure what was in it but I think it had Crown Royal, coke and some other stuff in it. A Bend Me Over is actually a shot but Bend Me Over on the Rocks is a full sized drink.

What's a coco loco? I wish they had at least one bar with a description of each of the drinks. I always end up with a Pina Cola or a Strawberry Daiquari, but clearly I'm missing a whole new world!

Archived