Silly Balcony ? on the Destiny

sunlover5

We have never had a balcony and this will be our first. If you would like to sleep with the balcony door open, how can you keep it from slamming shut???? Thanks!!:confused:

A bungee cord...

Keep in mind that the A/C will shut off, so it might get a little "humid" in the cabin... you might also notice condensation in the morning... If it is a cool night, go for it... nothing like it!!!

I think we just pushed a chair or something there to hold it open. Don't remember!

I do agree that it can get quite humid and also somewhat warm in the stateroom with the door open.

But anyway -- try it at least a couple nights. It truly is a very soothing and wonderful experience!

kris

They've said that the balcony fire on the Star Princess entered the ship via open balcony doors, destroying quite a few cabins and spreading quite a ways.

Look for new rules about keeping balcony doors open very soon.

They've said that the balcony fire on the Star Princess entered the ship via open balcony doors, destroying quite a few cabins and spreading quite a ways.

Look for new rules about keeping balcony doors open very soon.

speculation- every week it changes. its what they are looking at.

This past week it was because the dividers are made up of plastic. and the divider doors fed the fire. thats why it fanned out the way it did.

According to the British report on the Star Princess fire, the fire entered the ship when windows broke from the heat of the fire. Apparently the balcony doors were not a factor in that fire, although I suppose they could be in a future fire.

use a wedge of wood about the size of a door stop. Shove it in as far as you want to--much easier to use than the bungee. Trust me this works very well--I think I got the tip from a steward about 10 years ago.:)

Archived