Question about time zones

PAMWANTSTOCRUISE

I am so confused.

If my carnival itinerary says Cayman Island port visit is from 7:00 a.m to 4:00 pm what time zone is this. Is Island Time different?? If so, what time would the island time be.

I am trying to book my excursions and I am not sure what will fit.

Thanks

It depends on what time of year you are cruising. GC doesn't observe daylight savings. So if you are cruising in Oct.-April, then ship time and island time should be the same. If you are cruising April through Oct., then ship time will be an hour ahead of island time. I don't know the exact dates for the time change. And I seem to remember the daylight savings time is supposed to be extended at some point, but I don't think it's for another year or so. But I could be wrong about that...I thought I'd read this somewhere in the past month or so.

Ship time Oct.-April

7-4

Island time Oct-April

7-4

Ship time April-Oct.

7-4

Island time April-Oct.

6-3

At least this was how it was when we were in the Triumph when we took our New Year's cruise. I think the whole island time vs. ship time is confusing. Some ships change their clocks while other don't. And sometimes different ships within a cruiseline change their clocks, while others don't. It's really best to find someone who's been on your ship and find out what exactly went on...with the time issue. :)

We just reurned from the western carib cruise on the Conquest, left out of Galveston on Central Time Zone, ship stayed on that time, and the islands Jamaica, Cayman's and Cozumel were all on Central time. Looks like you are cruising end of this month, so times should be same on the islands, central time. Looks like you are cruising out of Miami, so you will have to check ships time to see if you match island time. Hope this helps.

Guest TRACKER1
I am so confused.

If my carnival itinerary says Cayman Island port visit is from 7:00 a.m to 4:00 pm what time zone is this. Is Island Time different?? If so, what time would the island time be.

I am trying to book my excursions and I am not sure what will fit.

Thanks

Set your watch to Ships time and go by that the tours booked through the ship or cruise line go by ships time independant tours check with them and just make sure you are back a hour ahead of time so you can get through security! At Least thats the way RCCL works! Booked tours through the ship or line will wait on you if you are late because they are booked through them! This happened to us in Belize we waited a hour for a tour to get back because it was booked through the ship!

Happy Cruising

Robert

I know when emailing the different companies for their tours in Grand Cayman, I just told them what ship I'd be on and asked what time zone I'd be on...in my case, I'm leaving in a central time zone, and will be on it throughout the cruise...or so say all the tour companies I've inquired with...and everyone on this board also confirmed that.

Whatever tour you book, the companies should be able to tell you what time zone "your ship" is using...it looks like, seems to me, it depends from where you depart from...

Archived