sail away - Lion's Gate Bridge

crusingici

Hi GiCi - We have early dining with our group of 16, so we're concerned about the same thing - don't want to miss going under the bridge - it's such a beautiful sailaway. Decided we would all meet in Crows Nest, then head to a back deck where we'll be near the dining room for the 6:15 dining call. If we leave on time that should work out well.

Thanks, Random00, then as long as we leave on time there should be nothing to be concerned about.

Bucky3 -- hey, friend! :D

Thanks for the heads up on where to be -- that is super -- we have dining at 6:15 so we should be fine.......actually, I just remembered we are dining in the Pinnacle that first evening a little later -- so it will work out great.

I am packed so have nothing to do now but stress over these little things! :rolleyes:

I hope you will email us from your cruise, Bucky3 so we can compare notes - I know you will be so glad to get your group on board and settled. It is tough being the "momma diva" for so many!! I know, I am usually the momma in our group of friends......it's nice to have someone take care of YOU once in awhile - so hopefully on your cruise you can sit back and be catered to.

cya!

and once again, Random, thank you so much for the time info!

Keep hearing about this bridge, what can I expect when I see it. We stood out in the chilly air for what seemed an hour when we went under the bridge out of Tampa. That was worth waiting for. :)

Dear Chuck

To me the Lions Gate is better - more scenic - than the bridge out of Tampa.

It is much smaller and older - built by Guiness of the Guiness whiskey empire as a makes work project in the Depression and to provide access to the British Properties a subdivison he wanted to develop on the north shore. In 1986 (Expo year) lights were strung up on the bridge and turned on my Mr. Guiness's daughter. It makes the bridge look like a fairy tale bridge at night - although the lights will not be on when you sail under it!

I like it better because it joins the north shore to Stanley Park so on the one side of the narrows you have this wonderful headland covered in lush green rain forest and on the opposite shore you have the north shore mountains raising up their majestic heads to tower over us.

Hope this helps

Frankly, The Lion's Gate is only a very very small portion of the extremely scenic sailing from Vancouver. I am out until dark usually, meals are way down my list compared to scenic sailing. :) You will be past the bridge within 30 minutes of leaving.

this is what the Lion's Gate Bridge looks like. This was taken from Stanley Park.

From the time the ship leaves the dock to the time you sail under the bridge can't be more than 15-30 minutes

1505929109_07_26.03198.jpg.d7db3c17ba253ec7d80ce6d439e274ef.jpg

Archived