Tipping on NCL and bermunda beach question

squirrellee01

(Oppps, Bermuda.... and they won't let me edit the title!)

We are leaving Sunday for our NCL Crown cruise to Bermuda out of Philly. (Going up on Saturday)

But just had a few question, and while packing not much time to search the archives for the answer….

How much do you tip the porters when we get dropped off at the terminal? I’ll have 4 suit cases, a few other misc bags and TWO strollers, so I’m guess a lot!

Also we want to go to Le Bistro, (are children allowed, although not sure if we would even -want- to take our 10 month old and 3 year old, they might stay with grandparents that night) anyway my question is, how much is an appropriate tip?

Anyone else I should be conscience about tipping, since most of it will be taken care of by the on board account? (Like if I have room service, what’s good?)

In Bermuda at the beaches, will there by places to find shade? (Umbrella or such? Fees?) Just thinking about the kids.

That’s all I can think of for now, I just had to take a break from packing because I’m packing WAY too much!

First of all welcome to the Boards. This would have been more appropriate on the NCL boards but I'll give you the answers I can.

1. I would give $10.00 to the porters for 4 bags plus the extras.

2. I wouldn't bring small children to the Bistro, even if it was allowed. I wouldn't take them to Le Bec Fin either. This is an elegant restuarant and unless the kids behaved perfectly its not appropriate in my opinion. I tend to leave between $10-25 at the speciality resturants on NCL.

3. Other than the people in the Kids program, the $10.00 is ok. I tend to leave an extra $20 or so the room steward if the room is well kept.

The 10 month old can't use the kids program the 3 year old can.

4. You can rent umbrellas and chairs at St Catherine's Beach in St George and at Horsehoe Bay Beach which is reachable by bus from either Hamilton or the Dockyards.

Enjoy the Crown its an older but well maintained ship...

Archived