Which side of ship best for balcony cabin?

Hello,

I am trying to book a balcony cabin on Voyager of the Seas for next spring 2007. Ports include San Juan, St Maarten, St. Thomas. Which side of the ship port or starboard?

On our last cruise to the Western Caribbean, we had the right side of the ship and when we were docked in the ports, other cruise ships were docked alongside us. Nice view of the other ships but not the ports.

More important is what is above and below you on the ship! You may not want to be under a lounge, or bar or other very busy place. Check out the deck plans to make a decision! You never know how the captain will have to park the ship. Good luck.

After a couple of cruises, I have come to the conclusion that the best side of the ship, is the side my cabin is on.:D:D:D

You got it:D The only thing you can figure out is most cruises go south so do you want the sun beating on you going are coming back, the rest good luck, unless you are a very good friend of the Captain and he will dock so you will be on the side you want. Best chance is Star board to look at docks and Port to look at water. For you newbes (Port is left and Starbord is right). Sometimes they play switchy so both sides get to see docks and water. Final answer (you don't have a clue)

I should have been more specific with my question. Has anyone been to these ports, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten with a balcony cabin on Voyager of the seas or a Royal Caribbean ship? Like I said before, on our last cruise I didn't care to stare right into the cabins across from us of another ship when I could be looking at scenic land instead.

When we were on Voyager and docked at the mentioned ports, I went up to the 14th deck to the Vicking Crown Lounge. There you have large windows, ceiling to floor, that you can sit by and enjoy the view in AC!

I took a magazine there and just relaxed. There is really no one up there at that time. They asked me if I wanted a drink, then left me alone.

Diane

Explorer of the Seas 8/11/06

Voyager

Grandeur

Nordic Empress

I should have been more specific with my question. Has anyone been to these ports, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten with a balcony cabin on Voyager of the seas or a Royal Caribbean ship? Like I said before, on our last cruise I didn't care to stare right into the cabins across from us of another ship when I could be looking at scenic land instead.

It wouldn't matter. The ships don't even dock the same way from week to week. On my Voyager Eastern cruise we docked a different way in each port.

I was on the Starboard side of the Explorer last fall. I don't think it matters what side you are on as the ships dock differently each time depending on how many other ships are in port, etc.

I was at all of those ports and this is how we docked:

San Juan - docked at 2pm so I was on the balcony to see the view as we pulled into port. At the dock, we were looking at San Juan which IMO wasn't much of a site. Here is what I had a view of:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5cf29b3127cce95756ba08e4500000026102AaNnLNk1ZMf

St. Maarten:

I saw water and land. The other side of the ship would have also seen land. Neither side was bad.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5cf29b3127cce95756ee34fac00000026102AaNnLNk1ZMf

St. Thomas:

I saw land, the other side saw water. This is what the other side would have seen:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5cf29b3127cce957561160fc600000016102AaNnLNk1ZMf

With all the ports, there is a great view as you are leaving - regardless of the side of ship you are on.

Archived