how does this work?

Ok, going on our very 1st cruise in June. We booked a 7-day cruise through a ta with air, and transfers that include a pre-night in Miami (booked in February, and paid off the cruise in mid March.) My question is, how do the transfers work? When we fly in to Miami, is there going to be someone there to get us to the hotel, or do we have to find our own way? Next question is once we are at the hotel, the next morning, will there be someone there to get us to the ship, or do we have to get there ourselves? Same question applies for when we disembark. Will there be someone to get us to the airport? Yep, I'm a virgin :eek: virgin cruiser, that is:p Any help will be appreciated:)

Ok, going on our very 1st cruise in June. We booked a 7-day cruise through a ta with air, and transfers that include a pre-night in Miami (booked in February, and paid off the cruise in mid March.) My question is, how do the transfers work? When we fly in to Miami, is there going to be someone there to get us to the hotel, or do we have to find our own way? Next question is once we are at the hotel, the next morning, will there be someone there to get us to the ship, or do we have to get there ourselves? Same question applies for when we disembark. Will there be someone to get us to the airport? Yep, I'm a virgin :eek: virgin cruiser, that is:p Any help will be appreciated:)

WELCOME TO CRUISING......

What ship are you going on???

These are some good questions to ask your T.A.........

Do you know the name of the hotel???

Call and ask them,if they have a shuttle to come and pick

you up from the air port,Then to take you to the cruise port the

next day,and will also come and get you after cruise and

take you back to the Air Port..............

Enjoy your cruise...........

HAPPY CRUISING.........

For our Victory cruise we booked everything through Carnival. We stayed a pre-cruise night at the Sheraton. At the airport (FLL), they have a Carnival Rep down by the luggage pick-up. We told her who we were and she told us to stand off to the side and wait for her.

She put us on a bus with others that were headed for the pier to go on the Triumph that day. The bus took us to the pier and unloaded all the Triumph passengers. Then they took our group of eight to the Sheraton. The next morning, they had a bus meet us at the hotel and took us to the pier.

After the cruise, we stayed at the Sheraton for one more night. They took us from the pier to the hotel. The following morning, they picked us up at the hotel and took us to the airport. We were the only ones on the bus.

Warning: The pier in Miami is a madhouse when the ships debark. Find the Carnival Rep outside the door and ask them what bus to get on. There will be probably at least ten busses loading and everybody tries to jam into them all at once. The rep will direct you to where you want to be.

Thanks so much for the help:) To answer your question Barbara , we are cruising on Elation, staying at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Miami for the pre-night, and I'm starting to think June 17 (that's when we fly to Miami) will never get here. :rolleyes: Our ta had told us something along these lines, don't remember exactly, but trust that we will be talking again with her soon to re-iterate everything, and make sure we we have everything down pat.:) Just wanted to hear from some people that have cruised before and been through it to get some of their experiences they have had, you know, the don't do this, be careful of that experiences that a ta doesn't tell you about. I may worry to much, and trust me I have planned this trip almot to death, just hope I don't work myself to death trying to get a little extra spending money together for the trip that I will be :eek: too tired to enjoy it. Not! I don't think that's possible.

lol, yes so they can take care of me, but *****:rolleyes: no one's ever done that before.....well until i met dh a couple of years ago, and I'm still trying to get used to being "taken care of"..so far so good....I'm liking it:D

Archived