TBD Luggage Tags

I'm going on the Pride this month and I just recieved my documents and the grey TBD luggage tags. I booked an oceanview gurantee so I understand that my cabin has not been assigned yet. However, I'm concerned about when our bags are taken from us at the pier, how will Carnival know which room to take the bags to. I know this must happen all the time and is not a big deal but I'd have better peace of mind knowing how they plan to get your bags to you.

Also, is there any good way to find out what my cabin assignment is before leaving? I'd like to know beforehand and maybe solve that luggage tag issue. Carnival is saying ask my travel agent and my travel agent is saying ask Carnival. I also heard about the try to purchase something on Carnival.com before leaving trick but it seems thay have closed that loophole.

One last question! I am a past guest and I'm wondering what you all think my chances of being upgraded to a balcony are. I booked oceanview guarantee and you know the Pride has only one level of true oceanview rooms so I was hoping that we would get an upgrade. We also have 3 in our cabin. Is this less or more likely to get us an upgrade than if we had 2 in our room?

They haven't closed that loophole, i just did it tonight:) You go to the carnival home page, go to the bottom, click on funpass. Put in your booking information, then click continue. Then click on order gifts and services. If they have assigned you a cabin number, you will see it in the address bar at the top. It will be the last numbers you see in the address bar. Example:Cabin Number = E4590. If they haven't assigned you a cabin yet, it will read Cabin Number = guar which means guarantee:) . Or, you can start off on the home page, click on order gifts at the top, click on a gift, and scroll to the bottom. If you scroll to the bottom, you will see booking number and underneath cabin number. That will also tell you.:) Otherwise, I'm sure when you check in on embarkation, they will make sure your luggage gets to the right place. All ya gotta do is tell them what's going on, and they'll get your luggage in the right location. Enjoy your cruise:)

I'm going on the Pride this month and I just recieved my documents and the grey TBD luggage tags. I booked an oceanview gurantee so I understand that my cabin has not been assigned yet. However, I'm concerned about when our bags are taken from us at the pier, how will Carnival know which room to take the bags to. I know this must happen all the time and is not a big deal but I'd have better peace of mind knowing how they plan to get your bags to you.

When you get to the pier and hand your bags over to the porters, they will check the manifest and see which cabin you are assigned to. Then you fill out the right tags and put them on your bags. They will have all of the different colored tags right there for you.

One last question! I am a past guest and I'm wondering what you all think my chances of being upgraded to a balcony are. I booked oceanview guarantee and you know the Pride has only one level of true oceanview rooms so I was hoping that we would get an upgrade. We also have 3 in our cabin. Is this less or more likely to get us an upgrade than if we had 2 in our room?

Very seldom will you ever see an upgrade from an oveanview to a balcony. It's not impossible but doesn't happen that often. As for three to a cabin, your chances are less likely with three in a cabin than two. Most cabins are designated as "Doubles" even though one can sleep on the couch.

You can also go to Modify Reservation to check for your cabin number. Mines appeared there before appearing using the ordering gift method.

Hi francina

Where is the "modify reservation" tab located on the carnival website ?

and my travel agent is saying ask Carnival.
Your TA must not be very bright. If you booked through a TA, Carnival will *NOT* speak to you about your booking, period. Any TA who knows anything about the business would know that. :rolleyes:

You can also go to Modify Reservation to check for your cabin number. Mines appeared there before appearing using the ordering gift method.

After checking every tab on the carnival website and not finding this "Modify Reservation" field, I am assuming that you would only be able to use/access this if you booked through Carnival and not a TA ?

Would that be correct ?

I booked a guarantee OV on Glory in June. I have received my cabin assignment and was upgraded to an 8A balcony. So it does still happen.

Wow Lainy... I thought when they made me, they broke the mold. :D

I have a 14 year old daughter as well.

Planning a spring break cruise next year for her and I. Let me know how your daughter likes it.

Don't giv up, a couple of years ago my family of 4 and my brother in law also 4, booked cat 8 ocean view guaranteed on Carnival Conquest did not have assigned cabins till we arrived at the port, the porter looked in the manifest and gave us the cabin numbers and correct lugage tags. To our surprise we were assigned a cat 11 suite and my brother in law and family they got even luckier and ended up in a cat 12 suite, so don't give up it doe's happen:D

the people who booked through carnival are the only ones who have a modify booking button on carnivals page- if you booked with a regular agent you wont have the link.

----

a cabin assignment will be on the back of the sign and sail page on the bottom right after your booking number- (unless you jsut booked this cruise recently) it can still change up til you sail so it is not set in stone.

---

do not give your bags to any porter until you have aluggage tag on each piece. He can tell you what cabin number you are in.. and you can use those TBA tags-- jsut take a sharpie and write in the cabin # at the pier.

Thanks for all your help. I have been on a couple cruises before but it seems like each time there are new questions and situations that pop up. I tried the fun pass thing and then tried to buy a gift. Its still GUAR and I leave in less than a week! I'll keep checking back. Thought the loophole thing was closed because everytime I was logged in and tried to buy a gift the room # field was blank. But now I see if you log in to fun pass first it will put the room number there. Thanks!

About the upgrade, I know its not a given but on the Pride all they have is ocean view rooms on the lowest deck. Its too close to the cruise to check and see if those are all sold out but I checked on the cruise thats the week following mine and it looks like all the ocean view rooms are sold out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Is it a good or bad sign for an upgrade that I have not been assigned a room yet?

Thanks for all your help. I have been on a couple cruises before but it seems like each time there are new questions and situations that pop up. I tried the fun pass thing and then tried to buy a gift. Its still GUAR and I leave in less than a week! I'll keep checking back. Thought the loophole thing was closed because everytime I was logged in and tried to buy a gift the room # field was blank. But now I see if you log in to fun pass first it will put the room number there. Thanks!

About the upgrade, I know its not a given but on the Pride all they have is ocean view rooms on the lowest deck. Its too close to the cruise to check and see if those are all sold out but I checked on the cruise thats the week following mine and it looks like all the ocean view rooms are sold out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Is it a good or bad sign for an upgrade that I have not been assigned a room yet?

I would take it as a good thing, but as someone else has mentioned, even if you get assigned a cabin, it can still change right up until you sail. We booked guar in Feb, paid the cruise off in March, and in late April our guar was replaced with a cabin number (found out by going through the funpass and pretending to order something). I don't think our cabin assignment will change, we were upgraded from the riviera deck to the empress, but as they say ya never know:D

On our last 3 cruises, we had guar balcony cabins. We filled out our grey luggage tags in advance with everything but our cabin number. When we got to the pier, we handed our luggage over to the porter who assured us that they would get to our cabin even though we didn't have the cabin number yet. To date, we have not lost any luggage.

When we cruised on the Liberty last year, I checked the S&S application on our cruise documents as soon as I received them. Even though the docs said TBA, the long string of numbers mentioned by a previous poster did contain a cabin number. As it turned out, that number was our cabin number. My theory is that number is an *initial* cabin assignment to ensure that you are assinged a cabin for that sailing. If an upgrade is available, you'll get it. If not, then you get that cabin. The particular sailing of the Liberty we were on was sold out, which explains why we didn't get an upgrade.

For our next cruise, we booked a specific cabin rather than go with a guarantee.

Archived