I-95, Beachline to close daily

JTJ

http://www.flatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060508/BREAKINGNEWS/305080001/1086

This due to an awful wreck yesterday, I95 also closing in the Daytona Beach area

We live in this area and this is how you can travel to Port Canaveral from the airport if the Beachline is closed from I-95 to 520. Take the 528 Beachline East from the airport exit (towards Cocoa Beach) You will go through one $1.25 toll booth. You will have to exit at State Road 520 (this is where they close the Beachline). You will take 520 East (2 lane road) which will take you into Cocoa. Take a left at US. 1 (North) and it will connect back with the Beachline (528). Take a right on 528 (East) and follow signs to your dock at Port Canaveral.

Another option is:

Continue on 520 across the river into Merritt Island and all the way to Cocoa Beach(lots of traffic lights though). Take a left on A1-A (very close to Ron Jons in case you want to stop there).

We are living daily with road closures and then they will open back up but there will probably only be more and more until we get some much needed rain.

Most important is to leave plenty of time for these delays. It can be slow moving.

Just heard that I-95 will be closed daily until further notice, (at least for the next few days) from SR 50 south to exit 195 from 5am to 9am. Exit 195 is south of the Bee (now Beach) Line, (SR 528). This is all due to the combination of smoke and fog that time of the day.

US 1 will be open.

Archived