aggravated with Milepost

mumom95

Ok does anyone have any advice for what I should do. I ordered the Milepost back in February, have an email confirmation with order and customer number, saying it would ship March 6. I have never received it. I've called five different times asking what is going on (I've been very nice and polite although the last call I did say I was getting tired of the run around, but still said it politely). The last time I called they said they would ship it out, and guess what, I still haven't recieved it. At this point I just want my money back (which is sad, because we are doing a week long land trip before our cruise and really wanted it for that), really I want the book, but I'm afraid I won't ever get it, so my money back is better than nothing. I'm going to try and call again today. Any advice and how to get something done through them. Or on how I can get another copy once I'm in Alaska (which isn't until the end of July so I am worried they will be sold out). I'm just frustrated, so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Sorry to hear about your problems. Were you trying to order directly through them? They are for sale all over the state including most gas stations. Walmart sells for 18.88. If you want I'll go buy a copy and mail to you.

you could try checking at your local library as well. We are from a rather small town and our library carries Milepost.

Have you already paid for the copy you ordered? By check ? By credit card? If you paid with a credit card you can work with the credit card company to get your money back if you are having a problem with the company you ordered Milepost through.

Good luck

Last year I ordered the MilePost directly from their website. There was a little combo offer, which included a souvenir type copy of one from years ago (don't remember the exact year)... I think it was $5 more. History buff that I am, I thought it would be fun to look through an edition from way back when.

Well, I got the 2005 MilePost, but never, ever received the older edition copy. I didn't persue it... just not worth the time and effort.

Sounds like they've got a missing cog in the wheel somewhere in fulfilling their orders. Last year for me, and again this year for you.

Thank you GlacierLady, for the tip to pick up at WM for a better price. First thing on my list when we arrive!:)

Last year I ordered the MilePost directly from their website. There was a little combo offer, which included a souvenir type copy of one from years ago (don't remember the exact year)... I think it was $5 more. History buff that I am, I thought it would be fun to look through an edition from way back when.

Well, I got the 2005 MilePost, but never, ever received the older edition copy. I didn't persue it... just not worth the time and effort.

Sounds like they've got a missing cog in the wheel somewhere in fulfilling their orders. Last year for me, and again this year for you.

Thank you GlacierLady, for the tip to pick up at WM for a better price. First thing on my list when we arrive!:)

Your Welcome! If you have a 2005 copy there really isn't a need for a 2006. The only thing that might change would be the paid advertisements. Keep that in mind when like planning hotels or restaurants that not all places are listed, only places that have paid to advertise. The same is true for chamber of commerces.

Thanks for the all the replys. I called them again today and left a message. I was very nice but also made it clear that I wanted to get this handled and would continue to call until it was. Well, an April Hamilton called me back and said she was going to personally walk it over to the warehouse and have them ship it and that if I didn't receive it in 10 days to call her directly (she was very nice and helpful). So, hopefully it will be taken care of now. It is nice to know I can just go to a bookstore and get it (I didn't realize that) if it doesn't come from them (oh, and I did order it directly from the website). The woman did mention that they were having a problem with the orders placed before March (figures, I try to plan early, and this is what it gets me :) )

Anyway, thanks again for all the responses. This board has been a wealth of information.

Archived