Torn on what to do...

This will be my first cruise and I am so confused on what to do. I hate doing all the touristy organized group kind of stuff, but I feel like since this is a first for me, I would be more comfortable having all of the details worked out for me.

Planning on going to Trunk Bay. The BF and I would love to snorkel and just relax on the beach, and RCI has an excursion that allows 1.5 hours to do so there. It sounds like the other 3 hours are spent looking at the sights and taking pictures. And then the description claims that if there are sea swells, we may not even be able to snorkel.

I am so torn on what to do. I just don't want to be all stressed about getting the transportation to and from the ship on my own that I am almost willing to pay the $52 to have it taken care of for me.

What are your thoughts on getting to and from Trunk Bay? Am I making it out to be worse that it really is?

I know I can find prices on here somewhere...but I just wanted some cruise regulars' opinions on the situation.

Thanks a ton! Leaving on the 19th, so I'm in "cruise research overload mode"! :rolleyes:

Hello,

Getting there on your own isn't difficult. Basically involves taxi ride, ferry ride, another taxi ride and then everything in reverse for getting back. ;) I am sure some cruisers that have made the trip on their own will posts their experiences and comments.

--Islander

http://www.*****

We have been to Trunk bay a few times on our own and we really prefer it that way.

The taxi ride to the Ferry is about 10 min, and another 15 min to St. John, then another 10 min. to Trunk Bay.

All in all the price is not that big of difference but being able to stay at Trunk bay all day is well worth it, If you get there early you may be the only people on the beach until the first Ships excursion arrives but they don't stay long and then the beach is just about empty again.

When we arrive in the morning, the most people that have ever been there are 3 others and the life guard. It feels like you are on a deserted island, peaceful & calm. The snorkeling is wonderful, yes there are swells if you go out beyond the snorkeling trails but nothing an adult can't handle.

Do it on your own. Go as early in the day as possible, that way you leave yourself plenty of time to get back. You'll probably get there well before the cruise ship people and end up having more time than they will.

Archived