Arranging a group photo aboard-

Hi Again,

Just wondering if anyone has had a recent experience aboard a Carnival ship regarding booking an appointment with the photographer for a group photo shot. I have seen groups line up and down the staircase in the atriums of several ships and our group of 26 would like a family photo taken and (hopefully) arrange to have one done in that canvas like material for a gift for the Patriarch and Matriarch of the family who will be celebrating their 50th anniversary aboard.

I read somewhere that for a fee, the photo dept. will arrange this for you. I recall it being on the Carnival website- but can not seem to find the link or the FAQ section again.

Anyone know this to be true and if so, how much of a "fee" do they need to do this?

Any suggestions on when to do this? Our inclination would be the first Formal Nite but there may be too much going on that nite for the photographer to arrange this- long lines and a gaggle of grandkids do not make for happy campers. Especially since mos of the kids will probably be over-stimulated by their first day at sea EVER. An informal photo later in the cruise may be a better idea ( thinking everyone bring a Hawaiian/Tropical shirt and wear them together!)- but won't make as nice a formal portrait for the Grandparents.

Any help with any of my ?'s would be appreciated.

Regards- Susan

Contact the Groups Dept at Carnival. They may be able to help you.

We've had the ship's photographer shoot groups pics on the last couple of CC group cruises. They usually do ours around 10:00am in the lobby.

On our first cruise on the Destiny, we had a large group. The lady that put the group together ask the Head Waiter at our Formal Night Dinner to arrange a photo shot. After the meal was over, the photographer showed up and lined us all up on the stairway of the dining room and took the picture. There was no extra charge for it other than buying the photos. That was in 1999 though and it may have changed since then.

Archived