Omega and Tag Heuer watches

calij11

Hmmm, does that mean you should not have the St. Maarten jeweler clean your diamond bling blings when you stop in during a return visit? Clean em up and they look as good as driving them off the show room floor. You can't tell the difference between old and new unless you inspect the metal for scratches, etc. using a loop.

My wife has an 8 carat diamond bracelet and there's not enough metal on it to even be seen. Like I say, when the jeweler cleans up those diamonds you can't even tell it's not new, even from 5 feet away by a customs guy with a very good "eye".

If you wear the jewelry as opposed to just packing it in your carry-on and taking your chances on a baggage search, and the customs agent notes via eyeballing it that it is not "worn" i.e., no scratches, etc., you may have a problem.

For example, I am taking a fine watch (looks brand new) with me soon and I plan to take the sales receipt from home as proof of prior purchase. My other good watch has some scratches, etc., and I seriously doubt they would question it so I won't bother with the receipt.

Do you guys declare the jewlery or just wear it on the trip home?

Archived