Fly into MIA,shuttle over to FLL

emdia43

It seems it would be easier- less flights- for us to fly into MIA and then take a shuttle over to FLL airport where the Amerisuites hotel can pick us up and deliver us to our hotel for our precruise stay.

I see a company called Supershuttles has $23 per person rates between the airports.

Does this sound OK- has anyone used them?

When we dock in Port Everglades I assume I can just get a taxi back to MIA or is there a shuttle setup there?

we did the reverse. We flew into FLL and got hotel near airport and in the morning took hotel shuttle back to airport and got the transfers through cruise line to Port of Miami. I would think you could do the same thing, just flying into MIA instead.

So if we flew into MIA and stayed at a hotel closeby,then got a hotel shuttle back to the airport in the am - does Princess have a shuttle bus to transfer us from MIA over to Port Everglades? That would work fine if one is available.

By flying into MIA we get to take 2 direct flights....as opposed to 5 flights if we go into FLL. Big difference.... I hope we can figure this out OK

There is a train called TRI-Rail that goes between all 3 area airports Fll and Mia and Palm Beach/Hollywood. I have use that a couple of times. I just used it in Dec. I think it was 3 dollars a person. The train runs about every hour. Do a internet search for Tri-rail. You can get timetables and cost. Felt safe too.

I'm just ten minutes outside Louisville KY- as far Southern Indiana as you can get. I will check out the Northwest flights though- thanks. It might be worth driving to Indianapolis. We usually always fly from Louisville - I will also check out flights from Cincinnati although I haven't found any convenient ones yet...

Coiran- Ron, thanks for suggesting I try Indianapolis- it never occurred to me as it's about 105 miles away and Louisville is about 15..... DUH

I just booked flights thru NWA- 2 direct (nonstop)flights- wow- for about $500 less than the flights from Louisville. You saved me 3 takeoffs and 3 landings,so that is an even BETTER deal!

The chauffeur is not too thrilled at having to make the trip up to Indy- but I am pleased.

Thanks again :)

I'm afraid to answer the phone in case it's NWA saying the prices I paid were an error...... LOL.... who would think it would be that much cheaper?.. is Indianapolis their hub? I usually try to fly Delta or SWA but their itineraries were difficult to work with and I usually don't give much thought to going from other airports,but I will in future.

Once you book you are locked in - and - sometimes it goes down - you have to check almost every day - if it goes down you can get a credit toward a future flight - but you have to call them, - they will not call you.

Ron

There is a train called TRI-Rail that goes between all 3 area airports Fll and Mia and Palm Beach/Hollywood. I have use that a couple of times. I just used it in Dec. I think it was 3 dollars a person. The train runs about every hour. Do a internet search for Tri-rail. You can get timetables and cost. Felt safe too.

Tri Rail is having growing pains and would not recommend depending on it for more than a couple mile commute plus it is a PIA with luggage.

A couple of years ago a group of five of us were shifted due to airline problems from FLL to Miami, arriving late in the evening. Without any advance booking, we were able to take the SuperShuttle directly to our Fort Lauderdale hotel for about $25 each.

If I had my druthers, I would choose to fly into FLL everytime, but if one has to land in Miami, the SuperShuttle works fine.

It's funny but I feel the opposite- we have had tremendous long lines and disorganization on a grand scale at FLL- but each time we go into MIA it has been seamless. Oh well.....

One of these days the cruiselines will wake up to the fact that a lot of people hate to fly and would book a cruise if only they would put some large ships within driving distance of the midwest .

As far as what I would consider acceptable driving distance.... Charleston,New Orleans,Norfolk. All of them involve about 600 miles but this is do-able if it means you don't always have to FLY into FLA. Currently of course no one is sailing from NO but when they do I will look closely at options there.

Archived