Good breakfast spot in Vancouver?

We will be staying a few days before our cruise in Vancouver, is there any great breakfast spots? We will have our 9 year old son with us. Any good restuarants that kids would like? Thanks for any information you can provide me!

Last time I was in Vancouver, I ate at a cute little cafe called Cafe Artigiano that had a fantastic brunch menu, but I wouldn't exactly call it kid-friendly, more trendy and filled with office workers. Insanely good stuffed french toast, though, and lots of other tasty items. Can't wait to eat there again! :)

Vancouver

Sophie's Cosmic Cafe (4th and Arbutus in Kitsilano area of Vancouver) is immensely popular and would be a great choice. Line ups can get rather long on weekend mornings so if that is when you are going, to early or be prepared to wait. I'm not sure how much time you have but there are lots to shops to explore along west 4th and it is also close to Kitsilano beach, a nice spot for a walk.

North Vancouver (across from the city over Lion's Gate bridge - a car would be handy but you can easily take a bus from downtown as buses stop on Marine Dr)

Tomahawk Cafe (Philips Ave near Marine Drive): This place has been there FOREVER. It features huge breakfasts and an Indian Longhouse decor.

We will not have a car, so I was looking for a great breakfast spot within walking distance from the Sheraton wall centre hotel? We also would like a family breakfast spot, we will have our 9 year old with us...thanks

• 3 weeks later...

A couple come to mind...

Denny's, on Davie, about 2-3 blocks from your Hotel and

De Dutch Pannekoek House, on Robson, maybe 10-12 blocks from teh Hotel. I do enjoy De Dutch very much, and you can see their menu, etc. online by doing a quick search for De Dutch Pannekoek House...

• 4 years later...
We will not have a car, so I was looking for a great breakfast spot within walking distance from the Sheraton wall centre hotel? We also would like a family breakfast spot, we will have our 9 year old with us...thanks

Can you remember and recommend any restaurants near the Sheraton?

You gone back a way on this one.:)

White Spot at Robson and Thurlow, Bread Garden at Robson and Bute, Moxies at Robson and Bute, any number of Starbucks on Robson.

You gone back a way on this one.:)

White Spot at Robson and Thurlow, Bread Garden at Robson and Bute, Moxies at Robson and Bute, any number of Starbucks on Robson.

I guess I did! :D

Either I am a good researcher or I have too much time on my hands! :D

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
A couple come to mind...

Denny's, on Davie, about 2-3 blocks from your Hotel and

De Dutch Pannekoek House, on Robson, maybe 10-12 blocks from teh Hotel. I do enjoy De Dutch very much, and you can see their menu, etc. online by doing a quick search for De Dutch Pannekoek House...

Glad this message came back from the depths (2006) - this place sounds great - is it still good? We'll be staying at the Blue Horizon, just up the street, and this sounds perfect for breakfast.

Glad this message came back from the depths (2006) - this place sounds great - is it still good? We'll be staying at the Blue Horizon, just up the street, and this sounds perfect for breakfast.

For Breakfast..try the Eggs Benny right in your hotel. Loved them.

About 6 blocks away; but this is a Vancouver landmark place for breakfast.. The Elbow Room.

http://www.theelbowroomcafe.com/zgrid/proc/site/sitep.jsp

They serve breakfast with a heap of [fun] attitude; and expect a donation to 'loving spoonful' (a charity that serves meals to AIDs sufferers) if you don't finish your meal. Maybe a bit much for some people, maybe one of the highlights of the trip for others.

DeDutch is another good choice (the Apple, Onion and Bacon Pancake being my favourite) if you're looking for something a little more unique than Denny's, White Spot or Moxies.

Archived