hnl to maui

rnprincess

sorry if this ?? has been asked before but here goes

we are flying into hnl on the 14th @5:10p and need to catch a 7p flight same day to maui, some say you can forward luggage but we are flying nwa and then aloha airlines am I cutting it to close. When we first started flight was to originally get in @ 4:30 but there has been time change, what would be quickest way for family to get to interisland flight terminals

thanxs

rnprincess

NCL WIND 6/05-HAWAII:rolleyes: MEMORIES

NCLA POAL 6/06-HAWAII:eek: W/ THE KIDS:p

Unless something has changed recently you can check your luggage all the way through at origination. The walk to the Inter island terminal is maybe 10 minutes, unless you are really late you have plenty of time and aloha has lots of flights so don't worry.

we are flying into hnl on the 14th @5:10p and need to catch a 7p flight same day to maui, some say you can forward luggage but we are flying nwa and then aloha airlines am I cutting it to close. When we first started flight was to originally get in @ 4:30 but there has been time change, what would be quickest way for family to get to interisland flight terminals

First question-Did you book this as one flight or two? OR did you buy the ticket from Travelocity, Expedia, etc? If it is a through ticket on NWA, they SHOULD check your luggage through to Maui. However, NWA doesn't have a "partner" relationship with Aloha, so they don't have to. NWA's partner is Hawaiian.

If you bought the tickets through Expedia, etc., treat them as two separate tickets. You have plenty of time unless the NWA flight is really late. It is about 10-15 minute walk to the InterIsland terminal. And there is the "wiki wiki" terminal bus, which is usually faster. You will have to check in with Aloha.

I would NOT trust a NWA/Aloha transfer myself, unless your tickets are ONE ticket issued by NWA (which I doubt). Because they have no partner relationship, the baggage handlers may not feel very obligated to get your baggage to Aloha ontime.

If it was my vacation, I would retrieve the luggage in HNL, take the bus to the InterIsland terminal, and check in with Aloha. You will have to go through security again. And make sure you find out if you are flying from the InterIsland terminal or the commuter terminal. Most likely, the InterIsland terminal, but Aloha, Hawaiian, and other airlines fly island hops on smaller aircraft out of the commuter terminal. Enjoy!!!

Archived