Thrifty Rental to Port Canaveral

Has anyone used Thrifty Car Rental from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral? If so how is the drop off and getting to the port? I am wondering if we should go and drop off our luggage first then go back and drop off the rental? Has anyone ever done this and what is your opinion?

Any help is appreciated!!!:)

I've used Thrifty several times and have always been pleased. The office is bout 5 miles from the port on Atlantic Ave, but the shuttle is timely. Nothing fancy, but for the price you pay, you don't expect it either.

The shuttle accommodates your luggage so I would only drop off at the port first if you have a lot of luggage or people in your party.

Thanks for the info.. What do you mean about timely? How often do they run? We are not picky people and are pretty laid back so time is o.k. with us. There will be 4 of us and about 4 to 5 pieces of luggage. All but two of us are coming from different houses and it will be to hard to pack all together (plus we are all girls). I was just wondering about having to lug the luggage from the airport to the car to the transfer and then to the port? If it just wouldn't be easier to drop it off first?

To those who are renting for Port Canaveral:

1 - Are you renting from Orlando Airport for just 1 day and dropping off at a location near Port Canaveral?

2 - How does the price compare to the ship's transfers @ $64 per person.

3 - I'm assuming you do the same in reverse after the cruise, right?

Thanks,

Archived