Carnival bashing??? Why???

kstwo728

Their response and concern is legitimate. Afterall, they want you to have a good time on your honeymoon. Perhaps out of common courtesy, they could have simply said "Hmmmmmm" and wished you well. But they didn't, so consider it fair warning.

Carnival delivers an different kind of cruising experience than what you will find on many other lines. They have the lowest passenger return rate in the industry, meaning that once people sail with Carnival, most (not all)choose another cruiseline for their next cruise, if they decide they want to cruise again.

Carnival's reputation was earned, and not only are they fully aware of it, some will say they encourage it.

Have a good time, and just keep in mind that there are other cruiselines out there that do things differently.

Liar alert! Liar alert!...Carnival does not have the lowest return rate in the industry.

Well hard to say about return rate and I'm sure Carnival has the stats on that but on my last Carnival cruise I was the only Platinum member my week.

So out of 2000 cruisers I was the only one to have cruised 10 or more times on a Carnival ship. Lots of first time cruisers and that means they will find out if they will or not return to any cruise. When Carnival does things like tell you to pack a suit or XXX for their precious Formal night and you go and find out it's okay to wear shorts on formal night it does leave you with that lack luster feeling for what Carnival stands for. It is things like this that gives Carnival that WalMart comparsion. Other lines do at least try to enforce the dress code. Carnival turns the other way so not to ruffle any feathers on those first timers. Actually WalMart is kinda of a wrong comparison since many say WalMart is first rate in many ways. A better description would just be the "bubba cruiser line"

Their response and concern is legitimate. Afterall, they want you to have a good time on your honeymoon. Perhaps out of common courtesy, they could have simply said "Hmmmmmm" and wished you well. But they didn't, so consider it fair warning.

Carnival delivers an different kind of cruising experience than what you will find on many other lines. They have the lowest passenger return rate in the industry, meaning that once people sail with Carnival, most (not all)choose another cruiseline for their next cruise, if they decide they want to cruise again.

Carnival's reputation was earned, and not only are they fully aware of it, some will say they encourage it.

Have a good time, and just keep in mind that there are other cruiselines out there that do things differently.

Just wondering where you get your stats from. I know, and will be cruising with, folks that have cruised with X, RCL & HAL, and we're all going on Carnival (yes, they have all been on CCL before). Not a one has a disparaging word for CCL.

From Carnival corporate in Miami.

and they share personal information on all other cruises I might be on? Say 'yes' and we have a problem. They know any name changes that have taken place? Some demographics, no doubt, but they cannot take all into consideration.

This family of "Bubba's" will be going to Hawaii in 140 days and Momma Bubba (me) is busy thinking about the newest "Bubba" ship that will sailing to the Greek Isles.

I guess If I'm being labled as a "Bubba" I better learn to act like one. I supposed I better quit my job first since nursing is not something that falls into "bubba" category. Wouldn't want your loved ones to be cared for by a "bubba" now would we? I guess I better work at Wal Mart instead. :confused:

This family of "Bubba's" will be going to Hawaii in 140 days and Momma Bubba (me) is busy thinking about the newest "Bubba" ship that will sailing to the Greek Isles.

I guess If I'm being labled as a "Bubba" I better learn to act like one. I supposed I better quit my job first since nursing is not something that falls into "bubba" category. Wouldn't want your loved ones to be cared for by a "bubba" now would we? I guess I better work at Wal Mart instead. :confused:

What exactly is a 'Bubba' job? Or is it where your from? From Alabama here, could make me a 'bubbette'. 25 years in IT? Must be a bubbette.

People do honest jobs with honest intents. This should never be discounted. Bring the "Bubba's" on. Where would this world be without us?

What exactly is a 'Bubba' job? Or is it where your from? From Alabama here, could make me a 'bubbette'. 25 years in IT? Must be a bubbette.

People do honest jobs with honest intents. This should never be discounted. Bring the "Bubba's" on. Where would this world be without us?

Must be a "bubbette" beig from Alabama, but I'm sure you are a very nice "bubbette" :D .

There are bubba's all over the place since lot's of people cruise on Carnival (Bubba) cruise lines. Us Bubbas have made them the biggest cruise line around. I guess all us no class and low class have to hang out somewhere. How else can we exchage wives and husbands, marry off our teenage children, chew tobacco and spit in a can afterwards, and drink beers all night long. :D

Must be a "bubbette" beig from Alabama, but I'm sure you are a very nice "bubbette" :D .

There are bubba's all over the place since lot's of people cruise on Carnival (Bubba) cruise lines. Us Bubbas have made them the biggest cruise line around. I guess all us no class and low class have to hang out somewhere. How else can we exchage wives and husbands, marry off our teenage children, chew tobacco and spit in a can afterwards, and drink beers all night long . :D

I make every effort to be nice :D . We do have class, maybe not the 'class' some look for, be we are good folk. Can't speak for the other no/low class, but I can drink beer all night long!! I would hang out with you.:o

AWWW Thanks Ala-Kat.

So how far can you spit? :D

Just kidding HEHEHEHE

Not a spitter, sorry. Actually hate it cuz it means I can't go barefoot where I want to. Barefeet and spit, yuk. And there are a ton of 'spitters' down here. Damn them.

Well if you wear your flip flops you won't get it between your toes.

See now we can start another uproar. FLIP FLOP's Ohh how people get riled up about them.

In all honesty you don't see to many people chewing and spitting in this part of town. It's really gross so I'm glad.

Well if you wear your flip flops you won't get it between your toes.

See now we can start another uproar. FLIP FLOP's Ohh how people get riled up about them.

In all honesty you don't see to many people chewing and spitting in this part of town. It's really gross so I'm glad.

Awwww....I have some really cute Winnie the Pooh flip-flops with nice pink roses on them. Wouldn't even think about spitting near them.

It is gross and I see it at work on a regular basis - NEVER from a woman, always men.

No! spitting on Winnie The Pooh would be terrible.

:D :D

Not going to happen. And I will kick the ***** out of anyone who does (bubbette coming out here). Do NOT spit on Winnie!!

EEEKKK Bubbette alert. Watch out she's gonna run out to the pick up and pull out the shotgun. Run for your lives. :D

You crack me up Ala Kat. It's always fun to have a little chuckle while reading the boards.

EEEKKK Bubbette alert. Watch out she's gonna run out to the pick up and pull out the shotgun. Run for your lives. :D

You crack me up Ala Kat. It's always fun to have a little chuckle while reading the boards.

Isn't it? Spit on Winnie and you have spit on my feet! Do they allow shotguns onboard?

Yeah, spit on your feet and that will mess up the pedicure. Oh but I guess "bubba's" don't paint their toenails. The thick yellowed fungusy look is much better.

And since the cruise ship is "The Bubba Cruise Line" I'm sure they have shotgun racks in each cabin. Maybe they will provide complimentry shells also. :p .

Do I hear "target practice off of the port side." We can shoot something for dinner. Possum pie or road kill- what will it be????

Yeah, spit on your feet and that will mess up the pedicure. Oh but I guess "bubba's" don't paint their toenails. The thick yellowed fungusy look is much better.

And since the cruise ship is "The Bubba Cruise Line" I'm sure they have shotgun racks in each cabin. Maybe they will provide complimentry shells also. :p .

Do I hear "target practice off of the port side." We can shoot something for dinner. Possum pie or road kill- what will it be????

Are the racks over the bed? Where do I find the shells?

Possum pie or road kill? Isn't that pretty much the same thing?

Yeah I guess you are right about that. PP and RK are about the same thing huh?? Well what do I know I'm just a dumb bubba. HEHEHEHE.

Shells are kept in that round silver thingy with the lid. Some people put ice in that can't figure out why. Gun racks are above the bed except for CAt 11 and 12. In those cabins they are above the couch. I've even heard in the Cat 12 they have a drinking fountain in the bathroom can you believe that. :eek:

Archived