Dawn Pool Questions - Infant on Board

OurFamily

Hello All,

My family and I will be cruising on the Dawn over the summer and our baby will be approximately 13 months old. He won't potty trained.

I understand swim diapers are not allowed in the pools. What is the alternative for babies? I read some posts where people bring small blow up pools for their babies.

So...what can a baby do on sea days if they can't go in the pools?

Also, I heard the ship's pools are not chlorinated. Is this true? And if so, is this even safe with all the people in the pools?

thanks so much!!!

the rule is that a baby in diapers is not allowed in any pool(this is public health rule not the cruiselines). You need to bring a small blow up pool if you want the to put the baby in water. The pools are chlorinated.

A 13 month old will pretty much "do" the same thing on a ship that (s)he does at home - meaning it is up to the parents to watch and entertain him. Not much fun for the parents, but them's the breaks of travelling with a child this age.

the rule is that a baby in diapers is not allowed in any pool(this is public health rule not the cruiselines). You need to bring a small blow up pool if you want the to put the baby in water. The pools are chlorinated.

Hi we just got back from the 4/26 sailing on the Dawn..my 4 year old swam in the t rex pool and that one is not chlorinated. My advice is don't let your child put his/her head in the water. My daughter has had an extremely bad cold for 2 weeks now and she is never sick at home!

Enjoy your trip,

Candi

One of the Board Rooms on the 4/26 sailing of the Dawn had baby toys set up in it for babies to play with parent supervision. When I glanced in, I saw some large, soft blocks and a play tunnel.

You probably already know, but the Kids Crew will not accept children under 2 years old.

Hi we just got back from the 4/26 sailing on the Dawn..my 4 year old swam in the t rex pool and that one is not chlorinated. My advice is don't let your child put his/her head in the water. My daughter has had an extremely bad cold for 2 weeks now and she is never sick at home!

Enjoy your trip,

Candi

it s always been my understanding that the CDC requires this

http://www.nspf.com/documents/articles/cdcarticles/cdccruiseshipregs.pdf

I am not sure if Halogination is the same as chlorination.

The "kids must be potty trained and no swim diapers" rule is to minimize the amount of coli contamination in the pools so individuals, both adults and kids, do not get sick. So....what do you do with the water from the kiddie pool? I personally think the whole kiddie pool idea is rather disgusting (she said while donning her flame proof suit).:eek:

The "kids must be potty trained and no swim diapers" rule is to minimize the amount of coli contamination in the pools so individuals, both adults and kids, do not get sick. So....what do you do with the water from the kiddie pool? I personally think the whole kiddie pool idea is rather disgusting (she said while donning her flame proof suit).:eek:

Besides the "what to do with the water issue," I've always wondered about the safety/space issue. What if there are 50 little ones onboard who can't use the regular pools? Where on earth do they find space for 50 little pools? And you can't offer to "share" because NCL then has liability if another child gets hurt or sick. Plus the issue of liability if someone trips over a little pool and is injured. I just can't picture it being done safely.

I do see how it could be done on the balcony in a balcony cabin or suite, as long as the water was carefully dumped down the shower/tub--and not over the side. Having it on a private balcony makes sense to me.

(Please understand that I do sympathize with both the parents and the non-potty trained children, but health and safety trump other considerations.)

beachchick

Archived