I'm off on my first cruise!!

libra-sue

Bye everyone, just one day and 11 hours (and i'm going to bed now, so 1 day in the morning) until I go on my first ever cruise to The Canaries on Arcadia,from Southampton UK.. excited? MOI?? YOU BET I AM!;)

Been waiting a year for this!

Sue

You'll have a great time Sue. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back. It will be very different to the reviews we normally read as you are in another part of the world, on a different ship & going to different places. We'll all be wanting to do overseas cruises.

Karen

Arcadia should be fab.shes only one year old and Child free ! I'm only 44, but done my 20 year stint as a mum, looking forward to quiet times round the pool with no screeching kids dive bombing into the water. And a adult time in the dining room!!

Off to buy some food to stock up fridge for my 18 year old daughter and 20 year old son, then take 77 year old mum in law shopping, then have false nails done for first time this afternoon!

Then packing!!

Will post on return,

Sue:)

Sailing to: Maderia, Tenerife,Gran Canaria,La Palma, Cadiz (Southern Spain), Lisbon - Portugal, and Northern Spain -Vigo.

A child free cruise!!! that is something to look foward to....

have a great trip, sorry i missed you but am thinking about you. yesm please write a review for us aussies over here

I'm curious as to whether a child-free cruise appeals to any of the Aussies on this board. I realise that the retired people who have their kids off their hands would really like something like this and I can surely understand it but for those of you who still have "dependant" kids, how many of you would like this? I personally can't imagine holidaying without my kids (15,11 & 10) but of course that is just my opinion. And after having just recently cruised with them I don't think they'd let me cruise without them:p . They had such a good time. Apart from that, we saw very little of them anyway:eek: . Didn't even get the chance for a family photo once on board.We were never together (much to my disgust:eek: ).

Karen

Have been on Arcadia, booked again next year. Loads to do, great food,and lovely cabins and service. Time your arrival at the lunch buffet to avoid the queues. its worth finding your way around at a quiet time. If you're going to Madeira it's lovely...also enjoyed the volcanic landscape in Lanzarote. Tenerife okay if you like tourist places.

Excellent value for money...I thought

Archived