Traffic for Dawn deaprture 5/13?....

Hi everyone, was browsing over on the RCCL boards, and stumbled on some news regarding the Freedom. She is apparently docked in NY and will be for a few days. We are leaving on the Dawn on Saturday, just wanted everyone elses opinions on how chaotic it will be?......

I am pretty sure the Freedom and all Royal Caribean Ships are docked in Bayonne, NJ.

Jeanne

The ship will be in NYC pier 92

From Seatrader

The naming ceremony will take place on the morning of May 12 while Freedom is anchored off the Statue of Liberty, with a live broadcast by NBC’s ‘Today’ show.

The ship will return to Cape Liberty, then dock in Manhattan in the afternoon, remaining on the West Side until 4 p.m., May 13.

Thanks Shoreguy! So does that mean it will be very crowded at the Manhattan terminal on the 13th for the Dawn's departure at 4pm?

I don't believe it will have much of an impact. The ship is not leaving on a cruise just doing tours by invitation. The Dawn is the only other ship in port.

In fact you may have the easiest day of the year.

The good news expect to be able to board early - The dawn is returning from a charter before 7 am. This event is normaly booked less the 50% of capacity. No customs to clear. The arriving passengers should be gone by 9:00 am. I would not be surprised to see boarding start before 11 am. If I were on this cruie I would at the pier a little after 10 am.

I don't believe it will have much of an impact. The ship is not leaving on a cruise just doing tours by invitation. The Dawn is the only other ship in port.

In fact you may have the easiest day of the year.

The good news expect to be able to board early - The dawn is returning from a charter before 7 am. This event is normaly booked less the 50% of capacity. No customs to clear. The arriving passengers should be gone by 9:00 am. I would not be surprised to see boarding start before 11 am. If I were on this cruie I would at the pier a little after 10 am.

Me too!

How lucky are you:)

Get there early and board..take advantage of the NY port to embark and unpack BEORE dinner!

Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived