Help.. need a hotel

Hi eveyone. My family and I are leaving on the Mariner in just a few weeks. We are leaving from Boston and flying into Orlando the day before. Could anyone recommend a hotel in the Port Canaveral area that is near the pier and not too expensive. We are a family of 5 with a wedding Sept. 1 and our son going off to college 2 days later. This is kind of a last fling with my family intact. I booked two cabins on the ship so there is not a lot left for the hotel, but I would like something decent. Thanks in advance. I hope someone can help. I asked on our "meet and mingle" but never got an answer.

Guest cruzr44
Go to the Hotels boards

We have only stayed at Radisson and would recommend that, but here is a link to area hotels. Good luck.

we are also staying at the Radisson.. I think it may be a bit more expensive than some of the other hotels, but we have a 2 king bed suite, which allows 5 of us in the same room. It was actually cheaper than getting 2 standard rooms. Includes a hot breakfast, parking while on your cruise, and a shuttle to and from the port. Have a great time !!!

We stayed at the Radisson also and found it very nice..........it was Easter Week and we paid $139 a night for two nights.........but very nice with a shuttle.

Jim

We stayed in the Best Western. It's not my favoritem, but the price is right and they do have a nice pool, beach access and a bar by the pool. There is a steakhouse you can walk to that's not bad and a Perkins right there.

You're going to LOVE the Mariner.

Using Priceline I got the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach for $85 a night at the end of April 2006. Like the Radisson it is a three star hotel. It is a couple of miles further south than the Radisson. It is on the beach and I would be willing to book it again. I also saved about $150 over what it would cost me for two nights at the Radisson. Most of the rooms at the Doubletree have balconies, though mine did not.

Sorry, but I just got back from my cruise and don't have the picture ready to post yet. If you want to see the pictures let me know and I'll post them this weekend.

I stayed at the Hyatt located at Orlando international airport. I got it off of Priceline for $65 per night. I like the hotel because you can grab the shuttle downstairs because the hotel is right in the airport terminal.

The Residence Inn in Cocoa Beach is brand new... only been open for a month or two. It has gotten excellent reveiws and they have 1 or 2 bedroom suites which would work really well for a family of 5. They also have a free breakfast. We're staying there in October and I was really happy with the price.

Archived