e-mails on the QM 2

pongo

Hi in my documents I have a e-mail address that can be used on board the ship.

I take it i use it via the t.v in the room ( i have never used this system before) do you only pay for the sending of the e-mail and reciving.

we do not normale get in touch with home when we are on holiday but we are leaving our 18 year old son home alone and he has been home alone before and we just phone him on arrivel and leave contact numbers for him in case of emergancy.

But he has just recived bad news as his friend who is 17 years old has cancer and has been given 2 weeks to live ( he is already in a coma) our son has good contact with our friends here in holland and they will surport him but if the friend dies while we are away but he would like to e-mail us now and again while we are on the qm 2 .

so if you know how the e-mail works let me please know.

only 6 days to go

The Email option on your in room TV is one we have used several times. The last time we were on the ship, which was one year ago, the cost was $1.50 to send or receive an email. The good thing about the set cost is that you are not charged by the minute, so it doesn't matter how long it takes for you to type the email. The cost is the same. I believe there is also an alert when you turn on your TV to let you know you have an email to be read. One caution. Tell you son NOT to reply to your email from the ship. Have him type in your email address each time he sends one to you or put your onboard email address in your address book at home before you leave. For some reason there was a problem with just hitting the "reply" link to the email we sent from the ship. It is possible it may not be a problem now.

Enjoy your crossing.

Pongo,

I am so very sorry for your son. That is so difficult, and at such a young age. I am sure I speak for us all here to say that he and his friend will be in our thoughts. Your son will no doubt go through the full range of emotions: anger, denial, bargaining, grief, and finally acceptance.

Although it is costly, you might, for your peace of mind and his, give him the satellite phone number for the ship, also.

Blessings to you all, and to his friend.

Karie

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HELP.

Karie,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS. IT WAS A GREAT SHOCK AS YOU DONT EXPECT A CHILD OF 17 TO DIE.

WE HAVE SPOKEN TO OUR FRIENDS HERE IN HOLLAND SO THEY KNOW THE PROBLEM SO HE WILL HAVE LOTS OF SURPORT.

WE CAN NOW E-MAIL HIM AND WE WILL GIVE HIM A CALL FROM THE SHIP SO THat is no problem.

Just now happy that I know how the e-mail works as it is cheaper than the phone calls

greetings Johanne

Archived