Transportation from PBI to Port of Miami

trishaedge

Our cruise in November is out of Miami but airfares are about $150 cheaper per ticket if we fly into Palm Beach International. Does anyone know of reasonable and reliable transportation from PBI to the Port of Miami? Thanks in advance.

Depending on the time and day your arrive. If Saturday...after claiming your baggage you go outside and take a bus (TRI RAIL BUS). This takes you to the train station. Take tri rail to Metrorail, then metrorail to Bayside Market. Then you have to take a short cab ride to the ship. Its really a hassel. The tains depart out of West Palm Beach at 847am arriving at Metro rail at 1025am or depart Palm Beach at 1047am arrive at metro rail at 1225am. The next one is 1247pm arriving at Metro rail 225pm. This is really a hassel. If it was up to me, I'd rent a car. Remember its at least one hour drive if not more due to traffic. Allow loads of time!!

lindanick,

Thanks for the suggestion. I just checked Enterprise and it would be a $30 fee on top of the daily rental fee to drop car off at the port Enterprise and then another $50 fee to pick up from port and drop off at PBI after cruise. I will check some other agencies though to see if any are cheaper.

Try tri-rail. It is a train that runs between PBI and MIA. I use it all the time. I fly for free, but I have to fly standby. I have a hard time getting into MIA. So I fly to FLL or PBI. I just use tri-rail for 3 or 4 dollars. Its about a hour ride. Then its a 20.00 dollar cab fare to the port. I have never had a problem on it. Plenty of racks for your Luggage. Just do a web serch for Tri-Rail and get all your info and you will see its a full size train. Its kinda fun too.

A bus picks you up and takes you right to the train. It is well marked where to grab the bus. Also if you just ask any airport employee they can send you the right way. Alot of employee also take the tri-rail because its so cheap. On our last cruise. I flew into PBI and my wife flew into FLL and our luggage flew into MIA. My wife and daughter called me and got on the same train and then we picked up our luggage. She even said it was no big deal to get to the train. Dont even let it worry about it. Its easy. At the end of the line you can take the bus to MIA or grab a cab for the same 20.00$ to the pier. The train ends right in front of Hertz rent a car.

Archived