Swim with the Dolphins

emdia43

I just looked at this year's prices for the various Dolphin experience excursions..... wow!

Has anyone used a company called www.dolphindiscovery.com- they operate all over the Mexican Caribbean and at Cozumel they are located at Chankanaab Park.

I saw good reviews of their service on tripadvisor.com but wondered if any Princess customers have used them. They are significantly cheaper.

I've heard it is the same exact company that does the ship excursions. My niece was booked for the deluxe dolphin swim with all the extras for $165, but Wilma diverted us and we didn't get to port. I've heard good things and it is so much cheaper! I'd risk it if it were me.

Hi There,

Used this company a year ago, was very good, guide talked about sea life etc etc. So more than just a dolphin swim. Just watch out for the photos etc they do not allow you to use your camera so you neeed to buy there photos.

yours Shogun

I'm not sure Chankanaab is back up and running yet since the hurricane. According to this website, http://www.wilmacozumel.com/index.html

it looks to still be closed.

"Cozumel's Chankanaab Park will not re-open this month as hoped but is on course to open in May, said Angel Pavía, spokesperson for Cozumel Parks and Museums Foundation, in an interview with wilmacozumel.com this week. Mr Pavía said incomplete work on a large new palapa thatch roof at the entrance was the main cause of the delay.

Travel agents had been told the Park would open earlier and some remain sceptical that it will open in May, but there is a general acceptance that the landmark should be looking at its best before opening to the public again.

The dolphin attraction within the Park is run as a separate commercial concern - they are expected to re-open in July after the main park is fully operational.

The famous lagoon has already been cleaned up and other planned improvements include a hammock area, spa, aquarium, better wheelchair access and a children's zone with games."

Archived