Two days til my Fantasy trip. :)

Undrhil

OK, in order to make sure that this isn't a bogus thread that gets deleted, I'll make sure to ask a question. :) But first: In two days I'll be on my cruise! Yay!! Sorry, I had to get that out of my system. :)

OK, I've cruised before but I was with family who had cruised before that time. This time, I am the senior cruiser (my sister has never cruised before) so I want to make sure I have no surprises. How do I handle tipping on the final day? I mean, if I decide to tip the matre'di and other non-tipped crew, do I just leave the money in the envelope in the cabin or do I have to take it to the pursers desk or what? Also, when I get to the port and get on the ship, will there be anything open/available at that time, for food and/or drink? Finally, I am taking two carry-on bags with me and my sister is taking one (I think); will we be able to take these to our stateroom right away or will be have to carry them around with us?

Thanks for letting me celebrate my 2 day leave time! ;)

Oh, and for answering my questions... ;)

Undrhil

OK, in order to make sure that this isn't a bogus thread that gets deleted, I'll make sure to ask a question. :) But first: In two days I'll be on my cruise! Yay!! Sorry, I had to get that out of my system. :)

OK, I've cruised before but I was with family who had cruised before that time. This time, I am the senior cruiser (my sister has never cruised before) so I want to make sure I have no surprises. How do I handle tipping on the final day? I mean, if I decide to tip the matre'di and other non-tipped crew, do I just leave the money in the envelope in the cabin or do I have to take it to the pursers desk or what? Also, when I get to the port and get on the ship, will there be anything open/available at that time, for food and/or drink? Finally, I am taking two carry-on bags with me and my sister is taking one (I think); will we be able to take these to our stateroom right away or will be have to carry them around with us?

Thanks for letting me celebrate my 2 day leave time! ;)

Oh, and for answering my questions... ;)

Undrhil

CONGRATS on your upcoming cruise...celebrate ALL you want!!!

When we decide to tip people that aren't included in the normal tipping procedure, we place it in an envelope and hand deliver it to the person that deserved it. I thinks it's a nice added jesture.

As soon as you board, go directly to your stateroom, even if they say it isn't ready yet. Your room steward will allow you to place your carry on bags in the closet for the time being. Then head directly to the Lido deck for lunch. The buffet and all the other stations (hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, etc.) will be open and waiting for you!

P.S. All the bars will be open too!!

Have a wonderful trip and don't forget to tell us all about it when you get back!!

P.S.S. - We're taking the Fantasy in September, so I'll be anxiously awaiting your review! :D

You shall have it, including pictures and (hopefully) video, once I get back home to my PC. I'll have my laptop and Verizon aircard, but I don't think it'll do me any good. That won't stop me from trying though. :-D

Of course, if I get really antsy, I'll pay for some minutes on the ship wifi and log on and upload a few pictures then. Be looking for my thread whenever I *do* make it.

Undrhil

The Fantasy was our first 2 cruises, and we loved the ship and staff. I'm sure most, if not all the staff has rotated off by now, but you will have a GREAT TIME!!!!

Looking forward to seeing pics and reading about your experiences.

Have fun and remember us not there yet.

Matt

BF and I are on the Fantasy leaving Saturday too!!!!!!!! We are SO SO SO SO excited!!! :D

You haven't checked in on the roll call! :eek: :eek:

Here's a link so you can go post a message on there. We are planning a meet just after the muster drill, if you're interested. Go read all about it! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=325485

Undrhil

Archived