Today Show with Freedom of the Seas

can786

I missed it this morning, but my mother saw the coverage of the Freedom of the Seas on the Today Show and she thought they were playing the "Love Boat" song. Did anyone see it and did you notice the music accompanying the piece? It would be pretty ironic if they really were playing the Love Boat theme.

This was apparently a preview on this morning's show promoting the big production tomorrow. I figure if they really did play the Love Boat that someone (probably at Royal Caribbean) would point out their mistake and they wouldn't play it again tomorrow. I was just wondering if they really played the Love Boat theme or if my mother was mistaken.

Will be tuned in tomorrow morning on the "Today Show" to see the new "Freedom of the Seas". Sailed on all the Voyager Class Ships and loved them. I love Cruising and have sailed on 52 cruises so far. Will be sailing on the new "Crown" in Sept. Can't wait!

I missed it this morning, but my mother saw the coverage of the Freedom of the Seas on the Today Show and she thought they were playing the "Love Boat" song. Did anyone see it and did you notice the music accompanying the piece? It would be pretty ironic if they really were playing the Love Boat theme.

Hi Cathy,

Yes, I was watching and they were doing a promo for their coverage of the FOS - and yes, indeed they were using the theme from The Love Boat.

Not sure who should be more upset, RCCl or Princess.;)

The weather was very rough on the water early this morning. High winds and swells. I thought Katie and Matt were just joking around. If Katie fell in the Hudson River, I think it would have been on the Mid Day News. "Freedom" indeed is a beautiful ship. I have been on all "Voyager Class Ships" and loved them. The Freedom looks like a larger version with some changes. Wave Pool,definitely will be a big hit on this Ship. Ike

I saw the show and was disappointed. Few pictures of the ship other than the 9 hole minature golf course, rock climbing wall and wave pool.

Yes, they did play the Love Boat Theme. I don't understand it either. In fact, Matt referred to the male cruise director as "Julie" from the old Love Boat days.

It's just too big. It's a resort, not a cruise.

I hope I'm never in port when it arrives. The ports are too crowded now (maybe I'll start a post on this).

but I thought the Voyager was too big nevermind this one. No doubt she is a beauty (get to see for myself Tuesday for two nights) but I'm not crazy about the interior promenade which she has. It makes it harder to get around IMO but like I said I guess I'm just too OLD! It seems to make the experience less personal when the ship is so huge. Like Spender said it's more of a resort and less a ship somehow. Well, hopefully I'll feel different soon. Then I can compare to the Crown which is my first big new Princess ship and my first actual inaugural. That one I am really looking forward to.

The weather was very rough on the water early this morning. High winds and swells. I thought Katie and Matt were just joking around. If Katie fell in the Hudson River, I think it would have been on the Mid Day News.

Guess I take things too seriously early in the AM. I think this means I need a cruise to relax :)

I recorded the show this morning and just finished watching it. They sure did play the "Love Boat" theme. They also used the phrase "Love Boat" several times too. :)

Archived