Restricted Views from Infinity Cabins 8043 and 8041

Nor&JudyS

We're booked on an Infinity 15 night South America cruise in December/January. We booked CC Cabin 8108 (midship), and as a result of this thread's discussion on partially obstructed views I called my TA, who called Celebrity. According to Celebrity 8108 is not directly obstructed, but there is some kind of obstruction above it. A possible alternative is cabin 6144, also CC, towards the aft (i.e. 2 cabins from the rear facing cabins). Apparently it offers a somewhat wider cabin and a larger balcony.

My concerns are threefold - 1. Since this cruise goes around Cape Horn - and could possibly be fairly rough, will this aft cabin make it seem significantly worse? 2. It's directly above the upper level dining room; is this a problem in terms of early morning or late evening noise? 3. On past cruises I seem to recall greater engine vibrations in the rear, e.g. in the dining rooms. If we're in a cabin 6144 in the rear, will we feel vibrations that we would not otherwise feel midship?

Given these questions, and the choice of cabins - 8108 v. 6144 which would you choose???

Thanks for your responses.

Mike S

Given these questions, and the choice of cabins - 8108 v. 6144 which would you choose??? Thanks for your responses. Mike S

Without a doubt, it would be 6144. There should be no bothersome noise from deck 5 dining. It is a foot or so wider than normal CC and has a huge balcony with teak deck. Also furnished better.

Could be slightly rougher sailing than midship cabin. Possibly some pod/thruster vibrations when entering and exiting ports. It's still far superior overall.

Cabin 6108 has an angled balcony which subtracts almost half its area, making it barely usable for dining. There have been complaints about this cabin's balcony on Cruise Critic. Do a search for 6108 on Celebrity Cruises to find. It also has CS 8106 window looking directly onto the balcony and blocking forward view.

Archived