Hotels in Nice, FR

bldsld

Hi all,

Well, to all my old friends, greetings from San Francisco. I have finally returned to the boards 5 weeks after emergency back surgery. To all the newbies, "hello all". The worst part was missing my 21-day grand voyage on the Legend, but let's not go there!!!:(

Quick question: can anyone recommend a good hotel in NIce? I particularly like the small boutique hotels.

Thanks!

Denyse

Queen of the Legend Castle, Miss D.

Welcome back!!! "You can keep a good woman down, but NOT for LONG!" We've missed you terribly.......

And guess what? We now have our own "gossip area!" It's right by our water cooler.......(I think we need a coffee bar ajoining the cooler area.....I'll bring the homemade cinnamon rolls! Can you say, "YEE-HAW?")

You'll be fit as a fiddle come "Nice time!" Have Ken, will travel!

Pleeeeze continue to heal......and post often!

Huggggzzzz's sent!

Martita

I'll meet you at the water cooler......

I have some GOOD juicy gossip for 'ya!

We stayed at the Grimaldi (not to be confused with the Mercure Grimaldi, both in the rue Grimaldi so easily confused), 15 rue Grimaldi, www.le-grimaldi.com, in Nice 2 0r 3 years ago and it was very nice. Two Belle Epoque houses knocked into one - very convenient - near the old town. We will be staying there again on July 21st (prior to boarding the Legend in Monte Carlo on the 22nd). Obviously as it's a while ago it may have changed but if you need it after July 21st I can give you an update.

We are staying at the Park Inn for a day, after our Legend cruise in July. (Primarily because it is near the airport...6:30 AM flight the next morning)

Host Dan

A great little hotel a little off the beaten track but walkable to the old town. Each room painted by a different artist. A nice little pool with a great breakfast. Could get in this year so we are staying at the Park Hotel. Also the price is great.

Queen of the Legend Castle, Miss D.

Welcome back!!! "You can keep a good woman down, but NOT for LONG!" We've missed you terribly.......

And guess what? We now have our own "gossip area!" It's right by our water cooler.......(I think we need a coffee bar ajoining the cooler area.....I'll bring the homemade cinnamon rolls! Can you say, "YEE-HAW?")

You'll be fit as a fiddle come "Nice time!" Have Ken, will travel!

Pleeeeze continue to heal......and post often!

Huggggzzzz's sent!

Martita

I'll meet you at the water cooler......

I have some GOOD juicy gossip for 'ya!

Thanks, Miss M! It is great to be back again!

Hi,

The BEST hotel in Nice is the Negresco. It is also the most expensive. When I boarded in Nice in 2001 I stayed at the West End. It is a Best Western (do not be put off as the BW's in Europe are WONDERFUL) and it is right next door to the Negresco on the Promenade de Anglais. The price is right and the location is great. I highly recommend it.

Bon voyage

Cruisr, thanks for the suggestion. We originally thought we would stay at the Negresco because it is so beautiful, and we have enjoyed the restaurant. OTOH, I really do prefer small intimate hotels (as I prefer the small intimate triplets!), so I will go online and check out the BW.

Thanks again,

Denyse

• 3 weeks later...
We stayed at the Grimaldi (not to be confused with the Mercure Grimaldi, both in the rue Grimaldi so easily confused), 15 rue Grimaldi, www.le-grimaldi.com, in Nice 2 0r 3 years ago and it was very nice. Two Belle Epoque houses knocked into one - very convenient - near the old town. We will be staying there again on July 21st (prior to boarding the Legend in Monte Carlo on the 22nd). Obviously as it's a while ago it may have changed but if you need it after July 21st I can give you an update.

Hi Shelagh,

We just booked this hotel based on your recommendation. From the online photos, it looks charming! Would love to know if you still recommend it after your stay in July.

Thanks so much!

Denyse

Today's NY Times travel section has an article on 'authentic' Provencal restaurants in NIce. Let me know if you want any information, and I assume it's on their website, too.

East Coast Jane

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the restaurants in Nice. Even though they weren't meant for us, I have printed them out as we will be staying there prior to boarding the Legend on July 22nd! We have been recommended Safari (also in the Old Town). Do you know anything about that?

Shelagh

Now, Shelagh!

You know that the information I sent was meant for EVERYONE, and certainly you and Larry! It's just that Densyse started the thread I used. I figure that sooner or later, many of Seabournites will pass through Nice to catch a 'sister'.

Archived