Canadian Rockies Tour prior to Cruise

We are doing the Canadian Rockies tour through Princess including the train prior to our Alaskan cruise on the Dawn Princess. Has anyone ever done this tour that can give us information on how luggage is handled. We are taking 3-4 suitcases and 2 carry ons. Any idea what we can take with us? We have upgraded to the gold leaf service on the train do you know if that makes a difference on luggage?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as Princess is not giving us and pre-cruise information. There must be something going on as the first night in calgary our itinerary talks about a meet and greet and "information on luggage." We would not need information on luggage unless it might not be going with us on the tour.

Marilee

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help you with cruisetour info, but just wanted to say we are considering doing this on our own before our northbound Alaska cruise next summer, rather than spend 4 or 5 nights all in Vancouver. It sounds like a great itinerary!

I did this tour with Globus a while back as a separate vacation bec. I could not find hotel rooms independently so this isn't a specific answer to your question but I can say it's a lovely area.. don't miss the path along the river from the lodge in Banff to the town site and the lovely gardens in town.. In Jasper there were elk all over the place.. it was pretty neat (although I'm sure the locals don't appreciate it).. Scenery along Icefields Parkway from Banff to Jasper is amazing... (are you going to Jasper). Also if you are at Lake Louise and have time there is a trail along the lake to a tea house.. We were there Labor Day weekend and they had light dusting of snow! The pics I have are amazing.. snow on the flowers etc.. It's a lovely place but I'm sorry I couldn't help logistically with exactly how this tour is done!

Archived