High interest savings accounts or CD's

I read in a post somewhere, and I can't find it, about an ING savings account or CD. They are high interest, and the person who posted about it stated that one could open the account for their cruise savings, take advantage of the high interest, and then take their cruise.

I checked out their web site today and it seems like a pretty good deal, almost too good. Is there anyone who uses this or another company with high interest savings accounts or CD's? How has your experience been with these companies?

I mean, if my money is just gonna sit around before I go on my cruise, it might as well collect some more interest for me!!! A few more DOD's would be nice. :)

Thanks for any help.

I use ING Direct, and have since 2000. They are reliable and FDIC insured like any other bank. Transfers between an ING account and your checking account will take 2-3 business days, once you get it set up. I can't say enough good things about them.

The only thing to consider is that Emigrant Direct and HSBC Direct have lately been consistently paying slightly higher interest than ING. However, I do find ING's interface to be smoother and easier to use.

I've had an ING Direct Orange Savings account since March 2005...during that time my interest rate has continually gone up (now at 4.15%) and I've consistently gotten $10 bonuses for referring friends to ING. I highly recommend their accounts. They also make it incredibly easy to set up automatic savings transfers from your checking account.

We use ING Direct for both savings and CD's. Their savings rate now is high enough to bypass the CD and have direct access to your funds. Also, I'm in agreement with the other posters (transfers, access, etc.)

Happy cruising.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an ING Direct 'orange' savings account and LOVE it! Interest rate is 4% right now I think...just went up again. Be sure to look for one of the ads that offers you FREE $25.00 deposited into your account if you open one. The minimum to open is low, I think I started ours with $25. and, sure enough, they added $25 to the account. :D

I read in a post somewhere, and I can't find it, about an ING savings account or CD. They are high interest, and the person who posted about it stated that one could open the account for their cruise savings, take advantage of the high interest, and then take their cruise.

I checked out their web site today and it seems like a pretty good deal, almost too good. Is there anyone who uses this or another company with high interest savings accounts or CD's? How has your experience been with these companies?

I mean, if my money is just gonna sit around before I go on my cruise, it might as well collect some more interest for me!!! A few more DOD's would be nice. :)

Thanks for any help.

I work for a bank that is currently offering a rate and works pretty much like ING. It is called Heritage Direct. You can check it out at heritagebankna.com They APY for today is 4.72%. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have accounts with both ing direct and emigrantdirect. Both are safe and reliable. Emigrantdirect is currently paying 5.05%, a little bit more than ing. I keep both open just in case one is paying higher interest, but it appears as though emigrant has been paying considerably higher than ing. Both are FDIC insured. HSBC is also good, they give you the option of having an atm card unlike ing and emigrantdirect.

Archived