Has anyone stayed at Bahia Mar Beach Resort and Yachting Center?

tw1168

We are meeting friends in Fort Lauderdale, and they have already reserved a room at the Bahia Mar Beach Resort. Has anyone stayed here? Do you know how far it is from dining and shopping for goods before the cruise? Approximately how much will taxi fare be from the airport to hotel, then hotel to port?

I am not seeing any posts here on Cruise Critic so I was just wondering. I have however, read some reviews on other websites and they are certainly mixed.:rolleyes:

I am definately considering the Amerisuites as it gets so many high recommendations.

I stayed there a couple nights several years ago.

I don't know how far from the port, but Mapquest could probably help you out there.

My impressions of the place were this:

Room was OK - nothing really wrong with it, but not as appointed as I expected considering the surroundings.

The place REEKS of $$$

A good number of yachts berthed there and some upscale botiques, etc.

There is some good shopping and dining just north of the property - it's not too far to walk, but it's not really laid out for easy walking the whole way.

There is a big pool on the roof, and a covered catwalk across A1A to the beach.

One of the things we enjoyed most was taking the water taxi to a mall across the intracoastal waterway. Very interesting and informative talk by the captain, and an up close view of some amazing homes!

We stayed here for 1 night last month in the Marina view section and the room was very outdated, musty and worn. The carpets had holes in them and the bathroom was very dated. THe location is great if you want to be near the beach and the boats next door are unbelievable. I paid 25.00 for 4 people from the hotel and the same back to the pier. I would not stay here again.

Stayed at the Embassy Suites on the return trip and thought it was great, clean and included a free breakfast.

Thank you for your candid response. That is what I was scared of, after reading the reviews from tripadvisor.com. I am planning on cancelling my current reservation and find another hotel.

Thank you for your candid response. That is what I was scared of, after reading the reviews from tripadvisor.com. I am planning on cancelling my current reservation and find another hotel.

tw1168,

I had a "back up" reservation here as well -- I just cancelled today. The reviews aren't very good.

Good luck!

Kel

Archived