Mini-Suite Perks if any?

cflutist

We will be sailing on the Regal in two weeks in a Mini-Suite.

I called Princess and got two different stories:

One person said that the minis do get: upgraded toiletries, message shower heads, pillow menu, Beautyrest mattress, complimentary champagne on embarkation, upgraded towels and linens.

Another person said, No, you get those only for the Full Suites.

So what IS the story? Are these perks for Full Suites only?

We had a mini-suite on the Caribbean Princess last month and we did get glasses of champagne on embarkation. As for the other items, this was our first cruise on Princess so I'm not sure if the toiletries and bedding were upgraded.

Our last cruise was last month on the Golden and we certainly enjoyed our glasses of champagne in the mini-suite upon arrival as is the custom.

We also had upgraded bedding on this cruise, but do not know if all the ships have upgraded at the same time.

Have GREAT cruise.

We were in a mini on the Coral and had the upgraded bedding and champagne. The shampoo and lotions were from the spa, but still in the paper packages. We did like the duvet cover on the bed.

We were in a mini on the Coral and had the upgraded bedding and champagne. The shampoo and lotions were from the spa, but still in the paper packages. We did like the duvet cover on the bed.

My parents were in a mini on the cb first week in april had the little plastic bottles from the lotus spa....(they did have an awesome room steward)

We have sailed in a mini suite several times since the perk changes have taken place. Here is a link to someone's site that gives a full list of both full suite and mini suite perks.

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/perksA.html

Also, on the Sun Princess last month we had an AB mini suite booked and received slippers on top of the list. Although sailing in an AC, the slippers were not included in the cabin on the Sea Princess.

There is one perk in a mini that I will miss in our regular balcony cabin on the Crown. A full sized shower with the tub. The little extra sitting area was a nice place to have a drink while waiting for the Mrs. to get ready, but I won't miss it terribly. To have to squeeze my oversized self into a tiny shower is going to be fun. I guess it will act as an incentive to lose a few pounds before the cruise.

Mini-suites definitely get a full complement of amenities. In fact, last year there was a whole brouhaha over Princess publicly announcing the amenities and not having them in place. When we sailed on the CB in October, we got all of the promised amenities except the upgraded towels (the upgraded linens and duvets were wonderful!)

when we were on the Sapphire 2 months ago we were in a mini and

had most of the upgraded amenities. our cabin steward i think was pretty

new and didn't seem to be aware of the champagne, and i had to urge

him to get that (called the front desk and they were ADAMANT that champagne was for those in full suites only (they were of course wrong)

and we were never offered a pillow menu but didn't care since we like the

regular foam pillows.

But we had all the other amenities. i liked the upgraded towels!

I would think that by September, all the mini amenities would be automatic on the Crown. I'll be sure to have a copy of the amenities list to avoid any staff confusion. ;)

had most of the upgraded amenities. our cabin steward i think was pretty new and didn't seem to be aware of the champagne, and i had to urge him to get that (called the front desk and they were ADAMANT that champagne was for those in full suites only (they were of course wrong) and we were never offered a pillow menu but didn't care since we like the regular foam pillows. But we had all the other amenities. i liked the upgraded towels!

Hi All

Leaving on the Sapphire this afternoon in a Mini Suite--Never heard about the slippers

Have been in several mini suites since the changeover--the pillows I love are the feather pillows--I don't care for the edge of the mattresses--should ask for an egg crate probably

Have received champagne almost everytime--can't really remember

I want the slippers!!!!! or at least to see them

Nancy:D

Princess began adding upgraded amenities for mini-suites last fall. I would think by now the amenities are in place fleet-wide.

We had a mini on the Grand in March, and got everything on the upgrade list. We LOVED the new bedding...the matress was a huge improvement, and the duvet was divine!:D

Hi All

Leaving on the Sapphire this afternoon in a Mini Suite--Never heard about the slippers

Have been in several mini suites since the changeover--the pillows I love are the feather pillows--I don't care for the edge of the mattresses--should ask for an egg crate probably

Have received champagne almost everytime--can't really remember

I want the slippers!!!!! or at least to see them

Nancy:D

Nancy, I can tell you that the AB we had on the Sun was the FIRST time we ever received slippers in a mini suite. The AB's are situated between the full suites and even our laundry slips had 'Suite' written on them by the room steward. Being Elite we were entitled to the free laundry but I have to admit, it was a bit strange. In AC's towards the middle of the ship, we have never seen a pair of slippers, not once.

Not sure if receiving them had something to do with being Elite, or where our cabin was located.

Plus, we had different room service sheets for breakfast where everything was listed from bacon to omelets. This is also something we have never seen in an AC mini suite before.

Guess we will have to pay closer attention in December when we have another AC booked and see what they offer in perks for it.

The slippers are generally reserved for Elite and full suites. I think they are nice for after shower. White terry with Princess logo. I have several pairs and generally give them to family members. After all, how many pairs of slippers can I wear?:D :D

We have sailed in a mini suite several times since the perk changes have taken place. Here is a link to someone's site that gives a full list of both full suite and mini suite perks.

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/perksA.html

Also, on the Sun Princess last month we had an AB mini suite booked and received slippers on top of the list. Although sailing in an AC, the slippers were not included in the cabin on the Sea Princess.

Thanks for the link, Toto2Kansas. It answered all of my questions. :D

We just got off the Caribbean Princess and were in an AD (Emerald Deck) mini-suite. The amenities we received were:

Upgraded sheets, duvet, and bath towels

Very comfortable mattress (didn't look to see if it was a "Beautyrest")

Complimentary glasses of champagne on embarkation day

Massage showerhead (though I can't say for sure if this is an upgrade, as we had never sailed on Princess before and don't know what the "standard" showerhead is like)

Lotus spa shampoo, conditioner, etc.--some in cardboard containers, but also several of the small plastic bottles. Like one of the above posters, we had a fantastic room steward.

We didn't ask about the pillow menu (didn't think about it), but our pillows were to our liking, so for us it wasn't necessary.

All in all, it was a great cruise.

We just booked on the Coral for the Panama Cruise on Dec. 2, 2006 so I hope that those amenities are in our mini suite, especially the nice beautyrest mattress. Our mini suite is D726 on the very back of the ship. Anyone ever stay in that one or D725? A glass of bubbly would be nice, too.

Char

We also got slippers when sailing in an AA mini on the Golden last summer though this may have been because my mother is an Elite CC member. I don'y know whether to pack my slippers or not for our upcoming AC mini on the Sea in 6 weeks.

Archived