Travelling with BiPolar Child

I'm sure special boarding can be arranged if you arrange in advance with special needs.

I would however encourage you and your son to attend the lifeboat drill, because it's important for both you and your son to know what to do in an emergency. Perhaps you can make a game out of it - you know getting to wear the life vest and all. I have a friend who cruises with her 3 small kids (all under 8 and all very energetic) and that is what she does. She also makes a big deal about good behavior and rewards them with ice cream after the life boat drill. I know, some folks with cringe at the junk food reward, but hey, when you travel with three little ones who love ice cream, you use any tool you can!

Candy

There is no form to excuse anyone from missing a lifeboat drill. You might speak to someone at the purser's desk and see if there's a place you can go to see where you need to be without being with all the other passengers. You might also ask if you can go to the muster station before everyone else, check in with the person in charge of your lifeboat and then go back to your cabin.

Archived